Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
New Giant Rat Discovered
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 05:51 PM UTC
Pretty interesting story, two new species of animals have been discovered in Indonesia, one a really cute pygmy possum, the other a really large rat.

Giant Rat
Watch the video, The remark about the NYC rats was said in jest, as they really do not get as big as Pumas, although I have seen them as large as large alley cats or small dogs. As a kid we use to find them along the river front, by the grain elevators, and shoot them with .22's. (city big game hunting!)
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 07:04 PM UTC
Gotta love giant rat stories Grumps!

Quoted Text

The remark about the NYC rats was said in jest, as they really do not get as big as Pumas, although I have seen them as large as large alley cats or small dogs.

What if a new species of smaller Pumas was discovered?
JeepLC
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 07:22 PM UTC
We had a severe rat infestation last year. Nothin as big as city rats, but these were smug suburbanite rats. They used to eat our dog's food and shew holes through everything. My brother and I dispatched them from our property using chemicals, traps, and trusty air rifles (if our neigbors saw us with even our .22 we would have had SWAT busting our door down). Thanks for the post. That possum really is cute. Expect it to be flooding petsmart soon!

-Mike