TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
PS2 tank games? Help!
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 06:38 AM UTC
My kids have a PS2 that they're always on, and I'm feeling left out. I admit a total lack of knowledge to the system and available games. Can anyone suggest good WWII armor combat game titles? Especially "first person" types where you are driving/gunning from inside the tank? Thanks!
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 08:09 AM UTC
Unfortunately, nobody has really made a decent tank game since M1Abrams for the original sega in 8-color glory 15+ years ago. Some of the WWII shooters have an 'in-tank' part of the mission, but its remedial at best, basically you with a gun attached to your head. Best you can get for tank games are RTS strategy games for PC, newer ones like Company Of Heroes is fantastic although you can't get into the tanks, you can scroll right down to them(all the way down to commander's eyes. Takes a lot of PC horsepower to run though. As you gain experience, panthers and PIV's get schurtzen armor and the Sherman's get covered in sandbags, shells even spit off the .50. Not to mention you can upgrade halftracks with the 'quads and really mow troops down. Pretty awesome. There's probably a thread or two here about CoH here with screenshots.

Although, there may be an actual tank game coming out in the near future for PC

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/106827&page=1
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2007 - 05:55 PM UTC
Thanks for the answer, Kevin. Not what I expected, though! With the huge success of Medal of Honor and Call of Duty, I figured there would be a stack of armor games to choose from. Wierd!
kevinb120
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,349 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2007 - 04:52 AM UTC
They've tried it, just they've all been terrible. The RTS Company of Heroes is fantastic though, even if you don't get to 'drive' the tanks it's total destruction with just a little mouse and keyboard. Upgrading the Sherman with the chain mine clearing crab and running down troops with it and flinging them all over the place is quite a unique way to pass time. ... Definitely not for the kids.