_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Wish List
Severum
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 24 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 12:10 AM UTC
I don't know if this has been done already. I'd like to start a wish list of kits modelers like us want to see this coming year. I believe manufacturers take note of what is being discussed in this forum. So tell Santa Tamiya Dragon AFVClub et al what we wan't for being good modelers.

Mine:

1. IDF Merkava 3 Baz or Merkava 4 1/35 (Legends resin too expensive)
- I've read a lot of request for this tank in other forums.

2. T-90 in 1/35

pigsty
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 1,226 Posts
KitMaker Network: 116 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 09:54 PM UTC
I know this is hopeless, but my wishes for 1/35 are a Pz68 (I'd accept a Pz61), a TAM, and a Vickers MBT Mk.3 (or possibly a Mk.1). All of them are at least as common as Strv 103s and there are two very good kits of that.

Moving over to aircraft, 1/48 is my bag, and I'd be content with a Sea Vixen FAW.Mk.2 (MPM - you know you want to...), a Javelin, possibly a Scimitar, a Brigand, a Beaufort, a decent Hampden (I mean, as long as I'm dreaming ...), maybe a Whitley, an F2H-3/4, and a Draken (hooray for Hasegawa!). And I wouldn't mind that F9F-6 or 8 that the Hobbycraft/Trumpeter axis is threatening us with, even if it is a little bit inaccurate. My Airfix Canberra is [still!] on order so that box is just about ticked for now.

1/72: Nimrod, ah Nimrod, fingers getting itchy now ... but the world needs a new Shackleton. Well, this little bit of it does, anyway.

So, kit manufacturers, ask yourselves: how many Shermans and Bf 109s do we need? (I know the answer: all of them!)
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 10:35 PM UTC
My standard reply in this kind of topics.

Trucks... more trucks and personal vehicles. 1:35th that is. Why? because they were the real workhorses of the army... Because they were available in Huuuuge numbers. They were versatile with a lot of conversion possibilities. Everybody who ever opened an actual book on WW2 will notice that the ratio of Tanks versus Wheeled vehicles is turning out in the favor of trucks and wheeled vehicles.
Could be some more US trucks and there definately could be more German trucks... most of the german stuff on wheels was produced when all the continents were still attached to each other. Could use some new and updated vehicles.

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
JeepLC
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 01:48 AM UTC
I agree with the trucks post, and will offer my standard answer as well: construction vehicles/equiptment. I would love to do some seabee or combat engineer stuff. But I know that my wish has a very very slim chance at reality.

-Mike
dropshot
Visit this Community
Provincia de Pontevedra, Spain / España
entire network: 300 Posts
KitMaker Network: 80 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 04:58 AM UTC
Land Rovers because the resin ones are expensive & the plastic ones are old. Just think of how many different versions there are.
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 10:02 AM UTC
I echo the Mekava III/IV and T-90 and some 1/48 MODERN stuff ie, Challenger, Abrams, Bradley etc. I'm not picky!! "Q"
perlossing
Visit this Community
Kristianstads, Sweden
entire network: 110 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 07:17 AM UTC
This modell is highest up on my wich list.

calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 07:22 AM UTC
a 500.00 gift cert to colpar(lhs) would work for me. after all i have been an angel all day we dont really want to go any futher back than that.
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 2,713 Posts
KitMaker Network: 159 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 11:49 AM UTC
More paper panzers, Pz III from Ausf A-C, early models / prototypes. Injection molded please
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 03:09 PM UTC
More sci fi !!!
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
entire network: 3,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 684 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 03:38 PM UTC
I'll paste up what I posted over at ML.

Again this year I find myself saying 'look at all the cool stuff we never thought we'd have in plastic.'

I'm thinking of late Panther and steelwheels with many the previously aftermarket enhancements (radiators, hatch interiors, foliage loops, etc,etc..) , newly tooled 234's, and 88's and tigers galore and now kits with and without zimmerit.
Strykers and more on the way, PT76 out now

Who ever thought there would be a 251 UHU n plastic?

The in the pipeline list is almost as impressive.
Lion Roar Nebelweffers are on the way, as are Trumpeters BMP3, Maz and T62.
Tristar and DML with 38t Gepard with flak, Dragons Stryker 'family', the 234 with schwelblafette turret from Cyberhobby, 1/16th King Tiger with interior? whoa..

My wish list would still include a PACV hovercraft in 1/35th plastic
IDF M113 complete interior detail set
A correct IDF gunjeep ootb.
More 1/35th helos Ka50 and 52, Mi28
weapons pylons for the Mi8-17
Vietnam era Cobras

there is more, but then again, there always is..

tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 04:30 PM UTC
Sexton
Daimler AC
Scammell HAT
M19/M20 Diamond T & trailer
M9 Halftrack
Humber AC
30 cwt CMP (Ford or Chev)
C15TA Armoured Truck
Ram Mk II
douglasd
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 28 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2007 - 06:32 PM UTC
Hey Kelly, only $500 at Colpar? That'll barely get you down half an aisle.
Doug
(supporter of Colpar since 1976)
Wish list.
Matilda I
any early war French tank updates-Souma DCA etc
I don't know, can't keep up buiding what's coming out already. But I'd also like a 1/350 plastic Atlanta class light cruiser kit. My dad was on San Juan '41-45. Got a resin one done but would like plastic. I know, I know.. armor only.
Bodeen
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 1,744 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 06:48 PM UTC
I would like to see some really nice affordable Japanese and early war Commonwealth Tanks and trucks in PLASTIC.

All of the following are WWII era and IN PLASTIC:

I would like to see the DAF 201 (h), the neat Van Doorne Dutch armored car that the Germans used for police duty after the Dutch surrender. This would be perfect for DML/Cyber Hobby. They've put out a lot of one-of-a-kind and paper panzer offerings...why not something that was actually used?

A completely re-designed British Gun Carrier to replace the old Tamiya model.

French Unic Kegresse and Somua MCG and MCL half tracks.

Any of the early war Allied (especially French) armor and tracked carriers.

I really like what's been happening lately with releases in plastic. .....I've said it before and I'll say it again...We are now living in the Golden Age of Modelling. After years of seeing one or two new releases a year from a couple of manufacturers...We are now seeing dozens of releases by dozens of companies (sometimes 2 or 3 companies release the same item).
Quality is better than it's ever been and getting better.

In another thread I recently went off on a rant about prices......probably engaging my fingers on the keyboard before engaging my brain.....I've since been educated and understand, with all of the R&D for these new products and other factors, why prices are what they are. I've also discovered, thanks to many of you around the world, that we, in the US, are getting off quite cheaply compared to Europe and other regions of the world.

Thanks to the likes of Dragon, AFV Club, Tristar, Italeri, Mini Art and, as of late, Tamiya for cranking out the products that we love! Please continue to do so!

Jeff
CMOT70
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 629 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 - 11:25 PM UTC
First and formost i'd like to see Revell Germany follow up their new Bismarck with 1/350 scale Deutchland class and Scharnhorst/Gneisenau ships so that there are new tools for the 3 main German surface warship classes.

In 1/48 scale aircraft, just anything from the 20's and early 30's, but especially Bristol Bulldog, Hawker Fury and a Siskin.

1/72 aircraft i'd like a Vickers Vimy.

And /48 AFV's i'd like to see some light tanks, especially M3/M5 (or has someone done them already?) series and an M24.

Andrew

Andrew
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
entire network: 2,186 Posts
KitMaker Network: 263 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2007 - 08:40 AM UTC
a decent buccaneer in 1/48 would do nicely.

and then all the stuff you find on airfields like trucks, tankers, airfield defence systems...

all in 1/48

;)
wibbler
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 10 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2008 - 12:00 AM UTC
i couldn't even start on my wish list , but if i could have just one it would be for time . . . to make 'em all ! roll on retierment .
 _GOTOTOP