_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
ALERT!
Osprey Prices in Canada
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 06:57 AM UTC
After a recent thread concerning the differentials between Canadian and U.S. prices for Osprey's books and having communicated briefly with them raising the question, the latest Osprey Newsletter has this information on it.

Quoted Text

Dear Canada,

We know you have been suffering from the exchange rate changes. Starting in 2008 all new and reprinted books will be re-priced to account for the exchange rate.

In the mean time, we are offering a special 25% discount on all Canadian orders through to the end of January at OspreyPublishing.com*

P.S. This discount is valid with the 4 for 3 offer above, and as always when you buy 3 or more books in the UK, US or Canada you get free shipping.

Not claiming ANY credit for this, but I thought you'd like to know

Nor have I moved to the land of Hockey - it was easier to change my account details to start a thread here!
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 2,412 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,030 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - 10:21 AM UTC
Wow! am i ever happy... thiers been alot of businesses claiming they reduce their prices to adjust to the strong CDN dollar (ei, Best Buy) but it still remains cheaper to jump over the border to shop... One guy in the newspaper claimed his video game cost him 35$ shipped including brockage etc where as it sold for 60$ here...

_GOTOTOP