_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Im completly new
Hermann_Goring
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 25 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 - 11:58 PM UTC
Ive never biuld i dio in my life but for the longest ive wanted to but i have no clue where to start.(if i should post somwhere else please let me know cause i dont know where)I am ww2 only i usualy buy 1/32 scale but ive herd it is better to start off 1/72. But even so i have no clue where to start if anyone has any advice on like sites or books i could get or if you could help me yourself pleas let me know.

P.S i have no clue how to paint,(wat colors to use),biuld houses,terain,textures,water,etc like it ses im completely new but i am willing to go all the way to learn.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 12:57 AM UTC
Lets start with what have you built?
Then you go to what interests you, urban, rural, Europe, Pacific, Allied....

Look through the site, especially the Diorama forum and see what people are working on now. Read through the Features, check out ModelGeek under ModelGeek University (basic starter features).
Hermann_Goring
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 01:01 AM UTC
well thats the thing im completely new ive never biult any thing in my life. My interest are Europe ww2 mainly the germans. but i want to start off relitively small like i dont enen know wat colors to use for specific soldiers in the german army and i know that there is a whole lot of differint colors for germans.
Jon_Vancil
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 175 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 06:02 AM UTC
My advice, buy an older Tamiya kit. They are simpler and (usually) cheaper so f you have a fiasco and need to bin it then you're not out heaps of money. I started with Tamiya's old T34/76 M43, a very very basic kit that can be painted up in a variety of ways.

You'll need some tools. For a start I suggest the following:

1. An Xacto knife with #11 blades
2. Some emery boards.
3. Nail clippers.
4. Dental picks
5. Some Testors brushes and paints. Buy the thinner AND brush cleaner, use them accordingly.
6. Tooth picks.
7. Masking tape.

HTH!
REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 443 Posts
KitMaker Network: 82 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hey Cody
The key thing to remember is to enjoy what you are doing. Don't think and plan too hard.
Go into your local model shop and have a look around. Personnaly I would recommend 1/35. Find a vehicle / figures you like and go and build them. When you have done that, decide then what type of dio you want to have and if you need any extra models. When you have decided what you would like to do, then ask questions here (like how to questions, you will not be disappointed in the amount of help offered to you). Keep your plans loose as things will change as you go.
Above all relax don't stress and take time to learn as you go
Robbo
Hermann_Goring
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 07:45 AM UTC
um well i liv in a small town so there isent any model shops around the closestone might be about 90 miles away so anything id buy would haft to come offline.
Hermann_Goring
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 07:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My advice, buy an older Tamiya kit. They are simpler and (usually) cheaper so f you have a fiasco and need to bin it then you're not out heaps of money. I started with Tamiya's old T34/76 M43, a very very basic kit that can be painted up in a variety of ways.

You'll need some tools. For a start I suggest the following:

1. An Xacto knife with #11 blades
2. Some emery boards.
3. Nail clippers.
4. Dental picks
5. Some Testors brushes and paints. Buy the thinner AND brush cleaner, use them accordingly.
6. Tooth picks.
7. Masking tape.

HTH!

thk you i found one if that model and i will defenately buy it. It was rather cheap
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 02:08 PM UTC
Welcome to the group Meyer!
captfue
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 785 Posts
KitMaker Network: 210 Posts
Posted: Saturday, December 08, 2007 - 04:17 PM UTC
Cody: welcome, when planning a dio remember the KISS system Keep It Suber Simple. don't try to capture the whole seen just the basic. Start simple basic vehicle, a few figs try to convey somthing simple. Soldiers restting, cleaning the vehicle,ect..... Go stock first don't try to super detail or convert the figures, This will come in time Have fun
Hermann_Goring
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 - 03:30 AM UTC
thks guys ill be sure to remeber tht
 _GOTOTOP