_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
R4D-5 Complete for "Get the job done".....
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 11:53 AM UTC
I've put the wraps on this one, well, 99.99999% anyway. Will add the exhausts in a few minutes. Otherwise its complete. So far this makes #5 of 30 or so that I have decided to complete over the winter. This won't win any contests, but I am happy to get it off the shelves and into the case. Kit particulars, old, old ESCI kit with some serious amounts of warpage. Built OOB as the first plane to land on the South Pole, "Que Sera Sera"Thanks for looking! "Q"

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 01:44 PM UTC
Great Job, Love it.
BM2
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,361 Posts
KitMaker Network: 327 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 05:05 PM UTC
wonderful goony bird ! very nice job
Whiskey6
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 408 Posts
KitMaker Network: 179 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 10:53 AM UTC
Matthew -

Did you add any interior detail to the R4D?

I have one in my stash to do and have been pondering the sanity of trying to add interior details to a 1/72 scale model like this. I haven't modeled in decades, but its important to me to do a good job on a series of birds I am doing to honor the memory of my father-in-law.

Thanks,
Dave
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2007 - 12:07 PM UTC
In 1/48 it would be visible. In 1/72 the only reason to add any detail to the interior would be for self satisfaction as you can't see anything once its buttoned up. I added belts to the cockpit seats, and did some detail painting to busy it up, but you can't see any of it. Unless you just really want to add interior detail, I'd skip it in this scale. Just put the parts in place with some basic colors added and call it good. Just my thoughts on it though. I take it your father in law flew these? Its a great subject to model as there are so many different variants. Good luck with your build. "Q"
 _GOTOTOP