TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
new Will Smith movie (?)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 06:59 PM UTC
I think it is called Legendary or somehing like that. Just watching previews I get the feeling this is a remake of the classic Omega Man with Charlston Heston as last surviving ma in a world full of homicidal mutants
It will hit the big sceen in a week or so . Hopefully someone who has seen the first one will see this one as well and enlighten me.
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
entire network: 3,791 Posts
KitMaker Network: 765 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 - 11:03 PM UTC
'I am Legend' by Richard Matheson is the source book for Will Smith's new film and the Omega Man (and a couple of other films too).

David
ptruhe
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,092 Posts
KitMaker Network: 438 Posts
Posted: Thursday, December 06, 2007 - 04:13 PM UTC
Looks pretty much the same but the new infected are not quite as funky as in the original. The lead characters have the same name as well.

Paul
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 - 08:08 AM UTC
I dug up some research and it is a remake, though different city. Haven't seen Omega Man in decades. Surprised it isn't on all the Turner stations and the like. They usually smother you with the old classics when a remake or sequel is coming out
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2007 - 09:01 AM UTC
This one looks to be great. I don't mind when a classic is remade if they can really beef it up and this looks to be have beefed up.

We rarely will go see new movies opening weekend, but I thik we will go see this one.