_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
any of you built planes and jets and just ..
modelman62
Visit this Community
Mississippi, United States
entire network: 203 Posts
KitMaker Network: 26 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 09:57 AM UTC
got sick and tired of building those then moved to armor?

I got tired of doing, what seems like the same dang thing. everytime you turn around a look, someones building the same thing, same paint scheme, etc etc.. frankly, im sick of seeing Bf109's, Mustangs, all those sorts of things.. thats why ive switched to armor myself now.

Not really sure if will ever go back to aircraft.
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:06 AM UTC
I did.. But I will also go back to the A/C eventually. and the occasional ship as well . I stopped building the standard fare and now try and find the off beat the draw back though is the price that type usually is more costly. Later Kelly
Gunfighter
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 743 Posts
KitMaker Network: 374 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:24 AM UTC
I bounce back and forth just to keep things fresh. Lately, my focus has been on armor. I think I've only built one plane in the last year, whereas when I first got back into the hobby, that seemed to be all I built. That being said, I'm working to finish off a Tamiya P-47D Razorback that's been sitting partially built for way too long.

- Frank
modelman62
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I bounce back and forth just to keep things fresh. Lately, my focus has been on armor. I think I've only built one plane in the last year, whereas when I first got back into the hobby, that seemed to be all I built. That being said, I'm working to finish off a Tamiya P-47D Razorback that's been sitting partially built for way too long.

- Frank

I know what your talking about Frank. Ive got over 180 partially built jets and WWII planes! some have been sitting like that for well over 10 plus years, i guess thats why im tired of them. LOL
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 3,836 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,121 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:40 AM UTC
It's not that I get sick of it, it's more burnt out. I pretty much build everything except for sci-fi. Right now I'm back on armor after many helicopters and jets and just last weekend I made a voodo Jimmy Johnson NASCAR....didn't work

Joe
modelman62
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 10:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It's not that I get sick of it, it's more burnt out. I pretty much build everything except for sci-fi. Right now I'm back on armor after many helicopters and jets and just last weekend I made a voodo Jimmy Johnson NASCAR....didn't work

Joe

Yeah, i think Burnt out was the better word as you stated.

Im completely burnt out from them now.
CMOT70
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 629 Posts
KitMaker Network: 12 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 12:28 PM UTC
I don't know what burn out is! I just model whatever i feel like at the end of the last project. But i sort of know what people are meaning by seeing the same old aircraft. But then again, you could get a bit tired of seeing Shermans and Tigers too.

Andrew
Red4
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 4,287 Posts
KitMaker Network: 824 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 12:37 PM UTC
Thats why I build whatever I like, which happens to be a lot of differing subjects. Right now I'm working on all of my partial builds so I can clear the shelves and make space space for new stuff. I got cars, planes, armor, figures, sci-fi etc. to choose from when I get bored with one subject. "Q"
Fitz
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
entire network: 439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 109 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 03:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

got sick and tired of building those then moved to armor?

I got tired of doing, what seems like the same dang thing. everytime you turn around a look, someones building the same thing, same paint scheme, etc etc.. frankly, im sick of seeing Bf109's, Mustangs, all those sorts of things.. thats why ive switched to armor myself now.

Not really sure if will ever go back to aircraft.

I bounce around. I consider myself primarily a builder of diorama's and at that primarily of WWII themed diorama's in 1/35 scale. I do dabble in other things though. My daughter and I build a Academy Space Shuttle in 1:2?? scale last month and for Xmas we are going to build the 1:700 Titanic. Like everyone else of my age or somewhat older I cut my teeth on the Revell 1:426 USS Arizona. I also have a Tamiya T-Rex I want to use to eat some old Tamiya Panzergrenadiers in a joint project with my daughter - sort of combining her interests and mine. And I have a bunch of aircraft kits (predominantly Saab's - don't ask) on the shelf. Today I built a 1:144 scale Morser Karl - a first for me working with armor in that scale but very enjoyable.
05Sultan
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 2,870 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,044 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 - 03:44 PM UTC
Burnt out on kits? Take up golf,you'll be back at the bench in no time flat AND loving it!
I try to have an AC and an armor kit going at the same time. If I get stalled or pi$$ed off at one,I work on the other until the same thing occurs with that kit.
If both kits go in the doghouse,well..................it's off to the driving range, babe!
You'll be back.No worry.
Cheers!
 _GOTOTOP