_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Help!!!!
panzerboy1944
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 236 Posts
KitMaker Network: 126 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 22, 2007 - 03:55 PM UTC
Hi
I have 160.00 dollars to spend on a new camera wich would be best for taking pictures to put on the site
Thanks Panzerboy
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 08:55 AM UTC
Take a look at any of the Canon Powershots, you can't go wrong with Canon.
Murdo
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 760 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 11:52 AM UTC
How experienced are you with Photography?
panzerboy1944
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2007 - 04:06 PM UTC
Hi
so so i guess
Panzerboy
panzerboy1944
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 04:39 PM UTC
Hi
would that work on here i have a Kodak now took blurry pics on the model site
Thanks panzerboy
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 05:20 PM UTC
I can't recommend a brand, as I'm not up on todays prices, and can only comment on what I use or have used, but I currently use Panasonics' Lumix cameras. One is a DMC-L72 5.0 mega-pixels, the other a DMC-FZ8 with 7.2 mega-pixels. Both have good macro lenses that allow me to get really close, about 2 inches away from the subject. Both have Image Stabilization, which is a plus for close ups, even with a tripod. The DMC-FZ8 can be set up just like my old 35mm on manual, and gives me more options when using and shooting. Both have self timers, which also helps even when using a tripod close up shooting.

My old Olympus that served me well for the first two years I was on this site, I passed on to another member, when his camera came to a wet end, and I was already using my DMC-L72 for most of my photo work, the other one was an 8 mega-pixel Vivatar, that had a really crappy macro, and no image stabilization. When you are my age, and shake like I do, you'll appreciate image stabilization even for those backyard BB Q's.

Quoted Text

i have a Kodak now took blurry pics on the model site

Part of the problem may be:
1. not using a tripod
2. Not using the self timer
3. it doesn't have a macro lens or you aren't using it, and you are getting to close.

Try just taking some pictures from a little further out from your subject, depending on the mega-pixels, cropping in photo-shop will get rid of the excess clutter, and you may end up with usable photos. Most blurry photos are caused by being too close to the subject for the set lens' focal length.

And don't worry, just like building models, taking photos of them is something that only practice and do overs, helps us improve. I get plenty of "shoot the damn photos again" messages from the editors also!
Silantra
Visit this Community
Putrajaya, Malaysia
entire network: 2,511 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,296 Posts
Posted: Monday, December 03, 2007 - 05:31 PM UTC
i second Grumpyoldman,
i still used my old Nikon but i bought for the office panasonic Lumix ... it's a nice camera...and i concur what he's saying ..
I dont know is sit within ur budget but i got mine around USD$500 i forgot the series... probably the 8.0 Megapixels TZ-3 ... not so sure... but all of the lumix models come with macro lenses which i believed is a must for us modeller...
my only advise is to get the one with rechargable batteries and charger that bundle in the box.
The rest is up to you.

my 2 cents
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 - 06:54 AM UTC
About 90% of all of the pictures on my website, modeling related that I took were taken with a Kodak EasyShare CX7525. My other camera is a Sony Cybershot DSC-S40. Both are handy and fit into a pocket. The Kodak has a close-up mode, whereas the Sony doesn't. The key with any digital camera doing close up work is to have it on a tripod or stable (not in your hands). The Kodak is a 5 mega pixel while the Sony is a 4.1.

I will upgrade to a digital SLR, but these two have been real workhorses for me indoors and out. Both were under $120 USD. In fact the Kodak came with a printer that the camera docks on to recharge. Both have memory cards which I transfer to the computer to download the images.

The key is they are simple to use, handy and take the good pictures like these:

panzerboy1944
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2007 - 06:41 PM UTC
Guys
I really appreciate all the Help no wonder this is the Best modeling site going!!!
Thanks Panzerboy
 _GOTOTOP