_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
User Survey for an Upcoming Web Site
rjray
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 230 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 10:15 AM UTC
(This is being posted to a variety of sites and forums, in order to garner as wide a variety of user-feedback as possible. Please excuse the scatter-shot approach, and don't let it deter you from taking the survey. For the KitMaker family of sites, I've specifically chosen one of the networked forums, to avoid coming off like a spammer.)

Hello, my name is Randy Ray. I'm a long-time member of both IPMS/USA and AMPS (where I was on the e-board). In 1992, I created the USENET news group "rec.models.scale", which some of you may have frequented prior to the "explosion" of web sites later on. Now, I am trying a new endeavor: I want to bring social networking, web logs ("blogs") and other next-generation tools to how we blend our hobby and the internet.

To help guide my efforts, I am running a survey of what people think of the various features and capabilities I am considering. The survey is broken down into 8 sections, and takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. The more completed surveys I get, the better picture I have of what people would like to see made available to them. Do you want to be able to create your own "virtual chapter", making a list of people who's forum posts, blog entries, gallery uploads, etc., you are
able to readily follow? What about a user-edited, user-maintained "encyclopedia" of modeling, covering subjects, kits, references, and more? How about having your own area to keep a blog in which you document your projects and the progress you're making, instead of using forum posts?

The survey explains the different elements I'm considering, and gives you the chance to tell me whether you think they're of interest to you or not. Your feedback will absolutely guide my hand as I start to work implementing these features at a web site to be launched in January. Make your opinions heard, take the survey today!

http://www.AllScalesAllEras.com/
 _GOTOTOP