_GOTOBOTTOM
Events & Shows: South America
Shows and events in South America.
Expo Solomaquetas 2007 (Santiago, Chile)
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
entire network: 1,569 Posts
KitMaker Network: 188 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 02:40 AM UTC
Hi folks,

Wanted to share something we´re very proud in our on-line based model club solomaquetas.com.

We´ve finally been able (after a few years and many problems) to mount a modelling show. A I said, its organized by the our model club and will take place in the Chilean Military History Museum, located in Santiago, Chile, between November 20 and December 16. There are almost 1000 models in exhibition of all themes (Armor, Figures, Aircraft, Sci Fi, Ships....) and 2 airsoft stands.

Scheduled for the month long show, are considered reenactors, defence talks by military officials (Army, Navy and Air Force), and modelling lessons directed by some of our more experienced modellers (armor, figures, aircraft and aftermarket are the ones considered).

Here is the official poster:

And the pics of some of the models that will be in the show. Remember that the pics were taken during the preparation of the show...

As you can see, the quality of the models its very good, the number and the variety of the models in exhibition its amazing, for a such a reduced market as my country is.

Shortly I will have a more detailed report of the show, with more images.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
entire network: 2,435 Posts
KitMaker Network: 203 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 - 12:43 AM UTC
WOW!! It's great especially for a first show. Number and variety of models is amazing.
I've shown few of my models during one show in Sanok (southern east of Poland) February this year - it is a show with long tradition (over 20 years) and only about 200 models were presented - if this what you've shown is only preperation for a FIRST show you're organizing - well, I'm stunned!
Great job guys!!

By the way, how many people is in your club?

Andrzej
 _GOTOTOP