Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
bad DRAGON'S CUSTOMER CARE
vidrobhobby
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
I’m very disappointed by the customer service offered by Dragon, I’m an Italian hobbyst and, some days ago I wrote to DRAGONCARE since I lost some parts of a kit, here the full history:
My request
”Dear Sirs, while cleaning parts n° 36f and 37f of your kit 7234 SD.KFZ.164 HORNISSE, both went lost. Therefore I ask you, if possible to send them to me in replacement. Awaiting for your reply with cost and shipping charges I wold lite to compliment your for the quality of your productions regards”

Their first answer
For Missing Replacement Parts Issues:
-----------------------
1. The retailer shop name and business address (as detail as you can) where the item was purchased.
2. Receipt copy within 90 days where purchase
3. If possible, please send a digital picture of the receipt copy. Simply upload the picture as per instruction on the screen.
Thank you for choosing Dragon Models for all your model kits needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards,
DragonCare

My reply
Dear sirs,
your model kit has been puchased at Pirotti Modelsteam Modellismo in Alessandria (Italy) about on april 2006, and the the receipt copy on my puchase has been long time ago thrown in garbage, anyway, hoping to receive replacement,if necessary all carghes no my side, i remain
very truly yours
Roberto vidotto

Their reply
Dear Roberto Vidotto ,
We are regret that we can not provide the replacement without any photo and receipt under our company replacement policy.
Please contact us once you can provide any helpful information.
Thank you very much for using the DragonCare system.
Best regards,
Dragon Care

My followup
Dear sirs,
as probably you know, in Italy, it does not exist any law about issuing a "receipt" for goods' purchase, i.e. when someone effects a purchase in any shop, receives only a "cash voucher" which can be thrown away within 10 days.
Threfore, since the missed parts are very difficult to reproduce from scrap, I ask you, once more, your kind cooperation in sending me a replacement, however I agree to pay all the good cost and shipping charges.
Regards
Unquote

Their last reply as above, to me it seems they are not so customer friendly, if you think that smaller firm as ESCI/ITALERI or BRACH MODEL effect parts replacement simply upon request without any fuss…..

Just to show you the different customer approach philosophy, I contacted PAMATRADE (the italian DRAGON’S distributor), and simply on the strenght of my phone call, they confirmed me the immediate shipping of lost parts.
THIS IS KINDNESS AND COOPERATION!!!!!

Regards
Roberto Vidotto
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
entire network: 2,208 Posts
KitMaker Network: 52 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 05:01 AM UTC
Well done, shows that persistence will always come through in the end!

looks like we all better keep our Dragon receipts and build the kits quickly!

However, I tried to get some spare parts from Italeri not long ago via their website and the site refused to let me process the request. You say they've treated you well in the past for replacement parts, how did you request them? Did you do it via the website or another method as you are in Italy?

I'd appreciate your guidance,

Many thanks

James
vidrobhobby
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 19, 2007 - 07:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well done, shows that persistence will always come through in the end!

looks like we all better keep our Dragon receipts and build the kits quickly!

However, I tried to get some spare parts from Italeri not long ago via their website and the site refused to let me process the request. You say they've treated you well in the past for replacement parts, how did you request them? Did you do it via the website or another method as you are in Italy?

I'd appreciate your guidance,

Many thanks

James

James,
although it is the Italian distributor, you can try with PAMATRADE, by sending a mail to mr. Amos Gabrielli ([email protected]) the customer care responsible, he is the one I contacted for replacement of DRAGON'S lost parts and he is really kind and cooperative.
If he cannot help you send me a mail ([email protected]) and I will try to get what you need and will send you.
regards
Roberto
P.s.: apologies for my english
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 01:40 AM UTC
I bought a Dragon kit locally and opened it some months later and was missing an entire sprue. I did not have the receipt so I took a picture of the box and the sprues I had and sent them that. I had the missing sprue in about 10 days.
I think they just want to verify that you actually have the kit before they send out the missing items.

Shaun
/Never had a problem with Dragon Care.