_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Canada
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Tires for Willies Jeep WW2 1/35 Scale
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 82 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 08:50 AM UTC
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get rubber tires for the Willies Jeep WWII ERA in 1/35 scale. The Plastic ones are okay but I think rubber ones would look better. They will be going on the Tamiya jeep

Thanks for the Assist
okdoky
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,597 Posts
KitMaker Network: 673 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hi Randell

I bought two 1/24 scale Massey Ferguson tractors knowing one had no tyres. I cast a set in plaster and then used simple black gun mastic from a hardware store to make the missing set. They were not as perfect as I would have liked but they met my needs at the time.

Having asked for some tips myself, I am 100% sure that if you ask around on here there would be tonnes of advice on how you could mold your own set from the kit parts as masters and use coloured silicone. Unless some of the aftermarket companies have these parts on their catalogues. I know that M&G moldings or KFS are offering very realistic silicone tyres on their resin 1/24 truck parts. There must be some other company doing other scale tyres.

Some die cast models in 1/35 scale have lovely tyres in rubber that could be poached to serve your needs, or even to act as casts for your own personal replacements.

Hope you find what you need!!!

Nige
JAFMA
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
entire network: 82 Posts
KitMaker Network: 27 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2007 - 10:21 AM UTC
Thanks, that is a really good idea wondering why I didn't think of it.
 _GOTOTOP