_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
Some tips please on these pics
pottz88
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
entire network: 233 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC
Changed the background colour from grey to blue and am very happy with it. But the lighting is all wrong. I'm using 75 watt clear globes through grease paper on both sides but it still looks yellow to me and the running gear is a little darker.
I have them positioned at a 45 deg angle (front of the model)and small reading light on top about 30 watts.
I changed the f.stop from 4 to about 12 and now have good DOF.

Any tips.

Cheers

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 11:04 PM UTC
I had a similar problem recently that I am still working on/with. The results weren't 100% identical but the 'setup' is similar enough to share what was recommended to me.

Check your 'white balance' With the light going through the paper it may be affecting how much white light is getting to the subject. My camera has a function that allows me to 'set' the white balance for a given setup.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 5,762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,610 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2007 - 02:18 AM UTC
Hi!

For starters, try to adjust the white balance of your camera. Most compact cams have a function to change the white balance. Experiment with results.

Second, try adjusting the shutter speed of your camera. Try setting the value lower than the optimal value (ex., the camera registers 30, opt for 25 or lower). One or two clicks would do.
 _GOTOTOP