_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
New Sony digital camera.
steelrudi
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 - 12:02 PM UTC
Just got delivered to my door. It is the full set-up. Photo dock, printer, slide show doo-hickey, all the bells and whistles. Does anybody know how to operate this damn thing!!!??? I will be reading till Judgement Day!!!!! Well will have the wife help, and have pic's up as soon as possible. Then you will see me here for tips.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Thursday, November 08, 2007 - 04:29 AM UTC
Ray,

The best thing I can tell you is to just start shooting. My wife and I recently bought a Nikon D80 and all I know about it is keep it on auto. I've shot a few hundred pictures with mine so far and am getting a good feel for it. Someday I will start to play with all the features on the camera, but for now I just enjoy taking pictures and seeing what I can do.

There are also many different places on line where you can find tutorials for different cameras. You can type in the model number of your camera and add tutorial and that should give you some help. We found a few sites with videos for ours and that helps out a good deal.

Hope that helps.

Jim

Warsawpact
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
entire network: 321 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 10:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Just got delivered to my door. It is the full set-up. Photo dock, printer, slide show doo-hickey, all the bells and whistles. Does anybody know how to operate this damn thing!!!??? I will be reading till Judgement Day!!!!! Well will have the wife help, and have pic's up as soon as possible. Then you will see me here for tips.

Hi Ray.

What Sony model do you have? ( is it a DSLR??)

I have a Sony A200 which i have been using for quite some time and , although i dont like to brag (honestly), i know it inside-out.
I have a nice beginners guide that i wrote to myself that might be of interest.
Cameralabs.com is a great site for beginner and has a large and very helpfull forum. Be sure to check it out.

Cheers
/
Christian
steelrudi
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2008 - 07:56 PM UTC
Don't know. I recently got divorced, and the wife took the camera. Thanks for the post though.
 _GOTOTOP