_GOTOBOTTOM
Photography
Questions about shooting your models and dioramas? Ask here.
new camera, any ideas?
gavb
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 18 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 10:26 PM UTC
First of all apologies as I know this question has been asked a hundred times.
My wife is getting a new camera for xmas. I have about £150 to spend. It has to be fairly easy to use for holidays etc but I also want to use it for taking photos of models so I can post them here.

We did have a Canon powershot A310 but it went wrong just after a year {couldnt get an image just a black screen on the viewfinder?] and I was not happy with the quality of picture or the time it took to take a holiday snap.

So a macro function is a must and maybe a manual setting also? Can anyone recomend one.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 01:46 AM UTC
In August, I bought one of these for just under $200 US.

It took a bit of getting used to, but Im'm quite happy with it. For examples, see my more recent pics at the "My photos" button. The three most recent figures, were photographed with this camera.
It has aperture or shutter priority as well as full manual functions, and a multiple settings for specific purposes. It takes up to a 2 gig SD card, which will give you something like a thousand pictures.
KCBuilder
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 95 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 - 07:12 AM UTC
Hi Al,

You wouldn't happen to know the model number of this camera? I too am needing a new camera for the holidays and would like to get something that takes good pictures of models. My current digital camera (circa 2002) can't seem to focus on small objects from close range.

Thanks,

Marty
HawkeyeV
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 319 Posts
KitMaker Network: 184 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2007 - 01:17 PM UTC
There is discussion about this very topic in the posting right below this one titled "Help!!!!"
 _GOTOTOP