_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
squadron.com
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,998 Posts
KitMaker Network: 257 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 08:48 AM UTC
Hi all

there is an item on squadron.com that I'm interested in, is every thing they show in stock as the item has been OOP for a while and does any body have any comments on them good / bad and hows there shipping to the UK.

cheers

Keith Forsyth
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 09:29 AM UTC
I would phone them up and ask directly. They can look it up and tell you right there.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:09 PM UTC
Squadron has a very active shopping cart.
If you try to put something in your cart that goes out of stock, it comes up as out of stock.
I can't recall a time over the last few years where I ordered anything from them, that didn't arrive, or it suddenly being back ordered, after it was in my cart.
Phone calls from the UK may prove to be expensive.
Don't know how they ship over seas, but I usually order on Monday, and package arrives on Thursday or Friday.
The free shipping - for US- is over $100.00 and is easy to reach by the way, and saves extra bucks for more stuff.....
A bad place for compulsive buyers to surf......
calvin2000
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 886 Posts
KitMaker Network: 174 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:16 PM UTC
I agree with Dave, I have had nothing but good luck with them. and it is a very Expensive place to surf but then that is a good thing.
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 01:50 PM UTC
Great place to shop I order today most times will receive tomorrow.
Ordered on Fri and Sat a Fed-ex dude was dropping me off a package.
Now that is service.
JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
entire network: 7,772 Posts
KitMaker Network: 802 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 05:52 PM UTC
Another great thing about Squadron is that they have done a very good job of supporting the troops and shipping to APOs. If you want to donate to the Baghdad or Bagram or The Kandahar or Diego Garcia Hobby Clubs, et al (even UK and Australian troops, maybe others), they match you dollar for dollar. Just ask, because the first salesperson I tried to donate to didn't know Squadron did so.

Thank you, Squadron!
viper29_ca
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 2,247 Posts
KitMaker Network: 718 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 03:16 AM UTC
Squadron's wholesale department is my main supplier for kits for my shop (although I am in Canada....long story). And I have had nothing but great service from them, their sales and shipping people will bend over backwards for their customers.

When you are on the Squadron retail site, if in the list your item has a shopping cart beside it, or when you are on the item page itself, and it has a shopping cart up top, that means that the item is in stock.

If in the list there is no shopping cart, or at the top of the item page its says OOS, then it is truly OOS.

They go through a pile of kits. The morning the Bronco Staghound became available, my saleslady called me (not e-mail, or some other form of communication) but CALLED me, to say they had them in, how many did I want. I told her how many I wanted and she put them on my order. Good thing to, because later that day, the website was showing that the kit was now OOS.

That is just one example of the kind of service that I have gotten from them. Granted on the wholesale side of things, but the retail side of things I am sure is no different for service!!
Fazer1006
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
entire network: 234 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 - 08:40 AM UTC
Hi Keith,
Squadron is a good model shop BUt watch out for the shipping costs to England as this can be 50% of your order cost , I weigh up getting some items from them but comparing to Hannants, I was saving a fiver. (But ordering for the SMW show next weekend meant I saved 10%) so did not work out for me
So if it is a ready available item, check local before you part with your money
Mark
 _GOTOTOP