_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Collecting Models
bohh33
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 14 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 04:29 PM UTC
Hi guys,

I'm having a lot of fun having just recently gotten into building and painting models. I'd like to take it a step further and perhaps collect aircraft or possibly historical figurine models. Is there any way I can learn about how to start collecting these kits? I don't mean to keep them in boxes, I want to build them all, but have all of them that are available. How do I go about finding out what's out there, and what I'm missing?

Any tips on where and how to start?

Thanks a lot,

-Mike
AndersHeintz
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 2,250 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 07:03 PM UTC
Hey Mike,

I hope you have a lot of shelf space and a lot of blank checks!!

There are litterally 1000's of figure kits out there, and probably even more airplanes.

I don't know much about aircraft but for figures some good places to start is:

www.coloradominiatures.com

www.timelinesforum.com

Colorado Miniatures carry most brands of figure kits and have very competitive prices.

Timelines forum is a place pretty much dedicated 100% to figures, although there are some variation.

Being a member of Armorama I figured you allready know about Historicus Forma so no need to link that.

Other then the links above, all you need is a credit card and a willing significant other and you can collect all you can handle!

If you are interested in collecting finished models from other people, the best way to get started doing this is to go to model/figure shows, see the models in person and maybe something will be interesting to you. Then just talk to the modeler about the piece you are interested in and try to strike a deal. Talk to someone who has either sold their models or other collectors as far as the price so you have an idea regarding how much you should pay.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 12:05 AM UTC
Aircraft try.......... http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/ and http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com

it's really going to Depend on Scale and Subject as to how much you'll Pay.
 _GOTOTOP