_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
The Passing of a Legend
Grasshopp12
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 205 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 05:12 AM UTC
Well, it's official, this morning at 11:46am EST my compressor exhaled her final breath. After my father looked at it, he pronounced it dead a short while later. Now I'm in the market for a new compressor and have my eye on the Campbell Hausfeld Quiet Air Compressor with a 2 gallon tank. How is this compressor? I know CH has a good reputation, and the price is right, but does anyone here have any thoughts on this setup?

Old Bessie the Compressor - 1964-2003
gr8voyager
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 200 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 05:29 AM UTC
Hello Jeff,

I bought that compressor based on other threads here in Armorama at the beginning of the year. I really like it to the point that I have started using it for other things. For me, noise is not that big of a deal and looking in hindsight, I wished I had bought the larger compressor because of everything I try to use it for - the larger the compressor, the more compressed air, the less it will turn on to compress more air so the less amount of time it is making nosie and putting the motor to work ...

Having said all that, if it's just for airbrushing and you are worried about noise, this is a very good compressor. It is very portable and has a handle. It also comes with it's own pressure regulator guage. The manufacturer also sells moisture trap and other accessories. I purchased mine at WalMart.

GR8Voyager
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 07:13 AM UTC
I'm not sure if I have the same compressor you're looking at but I'm a big fan of my C.H. compressor. I got it about two years ago to run air powered tools to help remodel my house. I've used it to run large and small air nailers, to pump up my kid's bycycle tires, and to blow off my work bench. In a month or so when I get my airbrush I'm sure it will work just fine for that once I also get a moisture trap for it.

I think the noise level is perfectly exceptable. After all once you fill the tank the motor only runs once it a while to keep it full.
 _GOTOTOP