Local, Regional, or International.
AMPS members please read
Finch
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 134 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:24 AM UTC
We screwed up. This note is to tell you all what we did and how we're going to fix it.

AMPS has been improving a lot of our processes and member services the last few years. Boresight is better than ever, with longer, better issues. We've added merchant discounts to your membership benefits. We are involved in more shows and we are bringing AMPS to places it has never been before. We've posted dozens of reviews. As I write this we have 696 members and six brand-new chapters. That's a huge show of support for AMPS. I thank all of you for that.

One area we have not performed nearly well enough in is mailing out Boresight. In trying to keep everyone's costs as low as possible, for many years Boresight has been mailed using bulk rate. This is cheap, but, as with many things, you get what you pay for. The "cheap" rate results in some of our mailings being discarded by the post office, lost, or mailed last priority. Some members have found that when they contact their local post office, their issue appears. But you shouldn't have to do that.

The details don't really matter. The bottom line is, we have failed to ensure that every member gets his Boresight in a timely manner.

I hear the complaints, which we richly deserve. I also see volunteers trying hard to meet their obligation. But our performance hasn't been good enough. To top it off, we recently lost a key volunteer.

So: I want to let all our members, former members and potential members know that are changing our method of mailing. It will cost us more but the results should be worth it. There will be a new mailing system in place by the time the next Boresight goes out next month. Your membership costs will not rise.

If the new system works better, please let us know. If it doesn't, please let us know that too, and we will improve it.

If you missed any Boresight issues this year, and haven't yet had them replaced, please email me at [email protected] . Normally, we'd get you a replacement issue. But we have only a few of the "Halftrack Special" and very little else on hand due to the loss of our volunteer.

Instead I will extend your membership for an additional issue for each one you missed. If you missed two, we'll extend two issues and so forth. That way you will still get your six issues of Boresight no matter what.

I apologize for this poor performance. We are revamping this system so it doesn't happen again.

Danny Egan
President
AMPS
http://www.amps-armor.org

_GOTOTOP