Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
West Coast Fires.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 23, 2007 - 10:32 PM UTC
I've been watching these wild fires on the west coast the last few days on the news.
I know that folks living out that way seem to be well adjusted to these wild fires and then mud slides. But in all honesty, my heart goes out to all these folks who are losing everything they own each hour of the day. I hope our members out that way are safe, and not in the path of these fires.
long_tom
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
entire network: 2,362 Posts
KitMaker Network: 309 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - 02:44 AM UTC
This topic has come up on other forums, and those living in that area have said that homes and business buildings were developed in areas where they shouldn't have been ever placed; e. g. in places where seasonal wildfires often happen due to California's climate. That is the true tragedy.
junxter
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 104 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 05, 2007 - 06:15 PM UTC
I went to law school in San Diego, and I remember the fire in 2005. I lived downtown, which wasn't directly affected. I remembered waking up in the middle of the night, smelling smoke, and seeing the sky outside the window red, flakes drizzling down, as if snow were falling. It was surreal.
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2007 - 04:53 PM UTC
Sunday, 21, Oct, it was very dark in the sky from the smoke. It looked like night time at noon time. And the closest fire was near 40 miles away.