_GOTOBOTTOM
User Support
Having a problem with the site? Post it here.
Search in the forums?
ckblum
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 22, 2007 - 04:44 PM UTC
Is there a search button in the forums to find specific topics in certain sections? I know theres the silly google one in the top but isnt there like a search bar like in most forums? Itd be a real drag as its a pain to search through the whole for sale armour section trying to find 1/72 kits.
OscarZulu
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 03:04 PM UTC
I was trying to find a search option myself today. If you check the Forum FAQs, you will see that it will be "... implemented in the future revision" whenever that is. Sure wish the admins would knock that revision out. It sure would make a great improvement to this cool website!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 27, 2007 - 04:29 PM UTC
Yes I only wish I could afford this for $30,000 so we could have our own silly search engine that has the power of Google. Sadly we can't and a forum wide search is out of the question given simple numbers and the size of our database.

As for that FAQ it was written by the original code writer of the forum and is about 6 years old. There is a forum wide search actually if you click on a members profile, and click their topics/posts then click Search Again you'll find it. Notice how much I want people to find it.

Jim
OscarZulu
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 8 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2007 - 01:26 AM UTC
That search comes up with 0 results for each search I conduct. I even tried words that I know are in the forums. I also searched in a forum that I posted in by words that I used and still nothing. Do I sense a dislike for search engines, Jim? Is it because the network is so large that a simple search feature would not be able to search across the network? What about a simple search engine for each individual forum? The reason I'm asking is that I always search topics before I post a question. That way I don't ask questions that have already been covered.

Thanks!

Great site, by the way
Removed by original poster on 03/06/08 - 23:01:15 (GMT).
pastafarian
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 207 Posts
KitMaker Network: 68 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 01:29 PM UTC
Steve over on ARC "recently" added a pretty nice search engine that works great. You might check with him what he got and for how much.

John
 _GOTOTOP