_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
You can now UPDATE your E-MAIL address
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 07:47 PM UTC
At long last I have added the ability (again) to update your email address. Check your "My Account" panel for the option icon.

Cheers,
Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 11:38 PM UTC
Hi Jim~I'm always supportive of site improvements/changes, but I've mixed feelings on this one...although there are positives to this user ability function, for sure. Thanks for the update!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 05:50 AM UTC
Mark,
Err.... why? The only reason this feature was turned off was because there wasn't any confirmation process and members were removing their emails (or putting in fake emails). This meant that if they wanted to get their passwords or other system issues that it wasn't working and was creating error messages (if blank). Now that you have to confirm the email change this can't really happen anymore. And since we don't send out mass emails to members there is no real reason to remove or try to avoid getting emails from the server anyways. If you are getting emails (like forum or topic subscriptions) it's because you asked for them.

The email I am talking about changing is the SYSTEM email which is not displayed to any user. In order to display an email address on your profile page you have to set "Your Published E-mail" on the modify profile page after joining.

I hope this clears that up.

Jim
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 06:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark,
Err.... why? The only reason this feature was turned off was because there wasn't any confirmation process and members were removing their emails (or putting in fake emails). This meant that if they wanted to get their passwords or other system issues that it wasn't working and was creating error messages (if blank).

That's precisely what I was apprehensive about....and now

Quoted Text

that you have to confirm the email change this can't really happen anymore.

Doh!
Didn't think of that!..
 _GOTOTOP