_GOTOBOTTOM
Tools & Supplies
Discussions on the latest and greatest tools, glues, and gadgets.
Hosted by Matt Leese
Etch-Grip and TCM system 110 V--Help!
uproar
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 99 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 02:54 AM UTC
Greetings,
I have been desperately seeking some way of obtaining an Etch-Grip and the entire TCM system that goes with it (Carve-It, etc.), and have had lousy luck....I've tried all of the "normal" routes--the Zenith Modelling website, the German Rai-Ro site, trying to work through The Small Shop, contacting the rather elusive distributor repeatedly, closing my eyes and wishing really hard, all to no avail. Can anyone out there, perhaps from "across the pond", help me? I have also been seeking a three-armed Magna-Bot from the same company, with no luck either, but the Etch-Grip is definitely a priority. My model building has pretty much been "on hold" pending my obtaining one of these gems.

Thank you!
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2007 - 11:27 PM UTC
Rory,

Why not try Gator Glue?

And the Generic Helping Hand or 3rd hand............ Are easily modifiable for you're own use.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
entire network: 1,966 Posts
KitMaker Network: 297 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 05:03 AM UTC
Rory, I have to agree with Matt here. I have noticed your posts here concerning these products over the last few months, and I have to say I think you will be just as well off using some good glue, (I've heard nothing but good about Gator glue) and the generic helping hand. On top of which you could save yourself a bundle of $$. While the etch grip may be a good tool, I really doubt it's worth putting your modeling life on hold while you wait patiently for the distributor/maker to get to you.

Mike
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 07:37 AM UTC
I use a couple of these..........
As I Inhereted them........ it's not thier intended use.. but the work........
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 6,705 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,084 Posts
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2007 - 09:35 AM UTC
I gotta agree with Matt and Mike, Rory...yes, the etch-mate is a nice folding tool, but so is the Hold-n-Fold and (dare I say it?) the Fenderbender (which is still a fantastic tool, IMO) for PE forming...and Gator Glue...well, this is a sleeping giant, IMHO...remember, the tool doesn't make the modeler, (although they do make some jobs easier for us!)
My two pence worth.................
pzkfwmk6
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
entire network: 456 Posts
KitMaker Network: 231 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 12:34 PM UTC
Hi Rory, I purchased mine and have no regrets. Try e-mailing Alisdair directly. I have never had any problem contacting him that way.
uproar
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
entire network: 99 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2007 - 12:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Rory, I purchased mine and have no regrets. Try e-mailing Alisdair directly. I have never had any problem contacting him that way.

Alas, for I have already done so, some time ago, to no avail. I have, however, managed to locate a gentleman willing to sell me a slightly used Etch-Grip with accessories at a good price.....so, my perserverance seems to have paid off. Thanks!
 _GOTOTOP