TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
The End of PS2????
GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 08:10 AM UTC
While looking at the newest offerings at the game store I spotted - Call of Duty 4 - I have the first three versions all on PS2. Unlike the first three this on is set in modern times. The box art looked alot like Iraq.

I asked the clerk when this will be coming out and he said not for PS2 - that actually by year's end there will be no more "new" games for PS2 as Sony is pushing the PS3.

Needless to say - I am bummed out...
Warsawpact
Visit this Community
Västra Götaland, Sweden
entire network: 321 Posts
KitMaker Network: 38 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 03:55 AM UTC
Sorry to say but the PS2 is becoming a thing of the past. THe next gen consoles , the 360 and the PS3, is as to where the game developers are focusing on getting their games too. But....if you got a decent computer you might want too pick COD4 up to your PC.

COD4 is set in Iraq and Russia ( eastern europe area)

/
Christian
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 - 01:42 AM UTC
Yes, the PS2 will be going the way of the X-Box and PS1.

As soon as the 360 came out few developers released games for the X-box. My X-box has sat in the closet for just over a year now. I am resisting getting a new system, but the day will come when I will.

GSPatton
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,411 Posts
KitMaker Network: 785 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 - 03:58 PM UTC
$500 big ones is too rich for my blood for a PS3. Bought my PS2 for $120 new. Damn those Sony guys - Just when they develop a FPS for Iraq- they discontinue PS2.

Now I'm more bummed than ever

Anyway, I have trouble slipping a $40 kit by SWMBO - a $500 game system - we're looking at possible severe injury or death.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - 01:50 AM UTC
I have had my X-box since they first came out and have gotten my money worth out of it. I love playing the Star Wars Battlefront games on Live, but since the 360 came out nobody plays any more.

I might get one soon, I am itching to play Halo 3.