_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Lucky Model
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
entire network: 1,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 05:29 AM UTC
What is the reputation for this company? Are they reliable. can you trust them?
Thanks
Mike
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 05:38 AM UTC
Yes. 100%. The only thing you should be aware of when ordering from Lucky model is the difference between Available which means they can get it for you but it may lead to a delay and in stock which means they will send it straight away. I ordered from Luckymodel only yesterday. They also offer free shipping on some products.
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 4,085 Posts
KitMaker Network: 160 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 07:16 AM UTC
Totally trustworthy. I echo what Pat posted.

I have never had any issues with them...excellent prices, cheap or no cost for shipping, and fast replies to e-mails.

PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,439 Posts
KitMaker Network: 283 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 05:47 AM UTC
Just orded the new King Tiger from them yesterday,with postage it came to £24.42,now thats cheap.and they shipped it out yesterday to.

Just like to say hi as i have not posted any posts for well over a year on this site.
cheers
karl
eddiem54
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 34 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 08:51 AM UTC
Thanks for the info. I was thinking of ordering but was a bit unsure till now.
Eddie.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 3,736 Posts
KitMaker Network: 35 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 09:25 AM UTC
Great company. Some items are considerably cheaper than they are from US dealers, some not, so compare before you order. Bronco kits are a lot cheaper, but most Dragon items are not, for instance. For Asian photoetch sets, like Lion Roar and Voyager, they are much cheaper, and those items are sent via free airmail.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
entire network: 2,365 Posts
KitMaker Network: 474 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2007 - 12:47 PM UTC
They are incredible. A PE set was lost in the mail, and they are sending it again.
(Actually, some of the DML kits are cheap, too. If you order kits, it's worth ordering more at a time due to the S&H. Although the Hobby Boss Kits are cheaper even with shipping than the LHS, and MUCH cheaper than american online shops.)
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 01:53 AM UTC
No issues, good service, good prices and sometimes one of the best sources for harder to find items. Just be careful of the available and in stock thing as already mentioned....

Bob
seuss95b
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
entire network: 173 Posts
KitMaker Network: 45 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 09:36 AM UTC
It's pretty much my go to online source! Never had a problem when ordering even when it's marked as availble (they work really hard at getting it for you)
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
entire network: 1,437 Posts
KitMaker Network: 28 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hi,

just few questions more. Did anyone had to pay some custom duties (like VAT) when the package arrived (I'm interested especially with European deliveries). In the preferences I marked that I wanted the package to be with no logo, low value declaration + no invoice in the box but... Customs officers are sometimes without mercy BTW anyone have an idea of the average time they need to get a kit that is available?

thx

spit
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 10:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

BTW anyone have an idea of the average time they need to get a kit that is available?

Well, that depends on the styrene gods. As they have to order it, hopefully it is in stock from where they order from, wait for it to arrive, then ship it to you.

Can't answer on European customs, as here we don't pay custom fees or duty, as they are considered toys and duty free. Although I always get the no logo box. Logo free boxes seem to arrive. Logo boxes seem to get lost.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - 11:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't answer on European customs, as here we don't pay custom fees or duty, as they are considered toys and duty free. Although I always get the no logo box. Logo free boxes seem to arrive. Logo boxes seem to get lost.

I have to agree with Dave........ Plain boxes seem to be safer than logo'd ones.........
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 - 09:32 AM UTC
I got part 1 of my order yesterday, 8 days after they shipped. Fantastic service. They shipped part 2 of my order on the 17th, I expect it next Thursday. I am pleased so far.
Mike
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 - 11:12 AM UTC
well, I placed my order every item is "available". We'll see what does it mean
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,558 Posts
KitMaker Network: 376 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 03:11 AM UTC
Pawel--"Available" means it is not in stock, but they can order it from the manufacturer. You may have to wait a while to get your order. Be patient, as it could be several weeks (or months, if the item is hard to find). If you are tired of waiting, you can always cancel and get a refund.

As others have said, Lucky Model is a rock-solid company with great customer service. I've spent several hundred dollars with them and never had a problem.
Recon
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 03:21 AM UTC
Pawel:
I only waited one week for the second part of my order to go out. When I originally ordered , they said that several items were available and several in stock. The in stock items shipped right away, the available took one more week only. All of the items were legend.
Mike
spitfire303
Visit this Community
Vendee, France
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2007 - 03:55 AM UTC
thx guys, yeah I know available means they don't have it and will search for it. I've send an email to ask some questions and you're 100% right about the great customer service. What's worrying me is the item I ordered (AFV CLUB SDKFZ 251+ howitzer 35S28) is extremely hard to find and they may deactivate it (that's what they told me) I've send another mail to tell them I can wait as my stash is full enough so I can survive the winter They also told me (don't know if it's true) that they're working on software update: "A system upgrade is undergo to make more clear information to our customer base on different brand restocking pattern." It would be nice.

thx

Spit
 _GOTOTOP