Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Questions to the Aussies around here.
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
entire network: 762 Posts
KitMaker Network: 218 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 02:55 AM UTC
In about a month me and the family will be heading down under. Will be located in Brisbane but will also make visits to Sydney and Perth.

So, what in these areas shouldn't we miss? Doesn't have to be model related. Thankful for any suggestions.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2007 - 10:57 AM UTC
Gday Thomas
Well based on what you have told us, I'm going to say you shouldn't miss Melbourne... But then I'm terribly biased
For Perth I'd say Margaret River for surf and wines
Brisbane you can head north to the Sunshine Coast or south for some nice beaches
Sydney Just kidding. I'm sure there is something to do there
Brad
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 06:22 AM UTC
Hi Thomas You must visit Sydney harbour its beautiful, in that area is the harbour bridge the opera house, visit the rocks area bye cicular quey great pubs and resturants,take a trip on the Manly ferry if theres a bit of chop you have to go upstairs because the lower deck ends up underwater its great.have a look at Bondi beach its the most famous not really the best though.Try the watsons bay hotel and have a schooner for me the harbour views are spectcular then go next door to Doyles sea food restuarant best you can get.Enjoy your Trip wish I was there.
kiwibelg
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 939 Posts
KitMaker Network: 202 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 08:43 AM UTC
G'day Thomas,
A bit of info from a Kiwi who spent some time in Oz.
As Brad mentioned if you get a little north of Brisbane up to the sunshine coast, check out Noosa, you can't go wrong!If you are up there before Christmas it isn't touristy.Nice stretches of beaches(esp. Sunshine beach),bushwalks and if you are at Main Beach take a surfing lesson!
In and around Sydney everything is within short distance of each other.Bondi beach has it's charms but as John mentioned,take the ferry from Circular Quay to Manly.Not only do you get to see a great beach but the view crossing the harbour is amazing.
Go in the late afternoon have a bite to eat and come back at night time to see the harbour all lit up.The Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge look fantastic at night!
Not far from Circular Quay at the Rocks you can check out the open market which i think only runs on Sundays.Alot of art,snacks and oddities can be found there.
My personal favorite in Sydney is Watson's Bay.It's not too far from Bondi and very accessible with great views of Sydney from a distance.The place John mentioned to eat is legendary BTW!
As Brad said a visit to Melbourne should be done but if you can hire a campervan or car you could spend a week or so on the Great Ocean Road.The sites along this 400km stretch of road are breathtaking.There are plenty of small towns along the way with so many sites to see i could go on all day about them..
Anyways,wherever you choose to go you, the family are going to have a fantastic holiday!
If you can get a copy of the Lonely Planet guide for Australia, you can read up on alot of indepth descriptions of all places of interest.
Cheers,Shay