_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
My 1st Stug 111 Ausf A Dragon 1/35 !!
Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 06, 2007 - 05:14 PM UTC
Hi fellas , came across this kit and picked it up at local Hobby shop in the hope that i will 1 day complete the entire Stug 111 series!! What better way than to start with an Ausf A!! Any comments on this Imperial series kit ? Any difficult pointers on teh build? Much appreciate it!!
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 394 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 11:56 PM UTC
hi there,

I have never build Imperial Kits b4, and would love to hear your comments (fitting, fleshes, details etc). Have fun and looking forward to see your progress shots.

Cheers!

Quoted Text

Hi fellas , came across this kit and picked it up at local Hobby shop in the hope that i will 1 day complete the entire Stug 111 series!! What better way than to start with an Ausf A!! Any comments on this Imperial series kit ? Any difficult pointers on teh build? Much appreciate it!!

Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 05:30 AM UTC
Thanks for the encouragement bro! But i don't think i am in any position to comment on the kit as i've just started my hobby again after 30 year break!!! I will try my best to at least tell everyone what difficulties i come across though! Cheers
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 1,396 Posts
KitMaker Network: 940 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 - 04:05 PM UTC
but why choose imperial kits out of the other brands?
Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 09:11 AM UTC
No particular reason other than its the onloy 1 thats a StuG Ausf A!! But after starting on the kit i realised its acyually quite backward in terms of the PE n resin extras, only has a pair of brass engine grills!! Well i guess it will bring me up to date before i go further!
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 04:29 AM UTC
Hi,

You are too modest. Go ahead to take progress shots, esp pictures of your observations. It will be helpful to the community. And also, it will also draw suggestions and tips along the way.
Have fun, cheers!

Quoted Text

Thanks for the encouragement bro! But i don't think i am in any position to comment on the kit as i've just started my hobby again after 30 year break!!! I will try my best to at least tell everyone what difficulties i come across though! Cheers

Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 04:36 AM UTC
Hi Dan thanks for the those words of encouragement! I have just completed the running gears, so far no major problems except the following:

Discovered the alignment of the running gear on 1 side is actually not in line with the opposite side!!! Is this a flaw or done on purpose??? Very starnge indeed....

The wheels dont really line up in a straight line!

Is it me or is it just the Imperial series??
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, October 15, 2007 - 12:12 AM UTC
Hi,

try to research online and see if that was engineered orginaly or poorly by the kit maker. Chances are the alignment was original (as seen in other Ger tanks) and the latter could be the kit maker.

Cheers!

Quoted Text

Hi Dan thanks for the those words of encouragement! I have just completed the running gears, so far no major problems except the following:

Discovered the alignment of the running gear on 1 side is actually not in line with the opposite side!!! Is this a flaw or done on purpose??? Very starnge indeed....

The wheels dont really line up in a straight line!

Is it me or is it just the Imperial series??

_GOTOTOP