_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
Individual link track Dragon
bep
Visit this Community
Limburg, Belgium
entire network: 566 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 08:20 PM UTC
Can anyone help me with the assembly of the individual track links from my dragon kit Sd Kfz164 Hornisse.
I don't know what kind of glue to use. I have the following glues :
Revell contacta liquid special
Revell contacta professional
Humbrol poly cement (tube)
Tamiya cement
Pattex second's glue

The glue from Model Masters is not available in my local hobby store.

Thanks in advance.
Bep
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
entire network: 1,757 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 08:35 PM UTC
hello Bep !
I don't think that I've wecomed you to the site yet, so WELCOME ! You should check the FEATURES section of this site : there are a number of great articles there !

One of them deals with making tracks :

making tracks

It is more or less the technique I've just used on my Hetzer and it became an easy build !
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 - 08:44 PM UTC
Bep

it not neceseerilay needs to be modelmasters. All the glues in the similar bottle with the needle will do the trick. As they are all about the same. I believe the contacta comes in a similar bottle with needle. I myself use the Uhu plast (purple bottle with needle) exactly the same as revell contacta.
I used almost the similar technique for my Stug 40 F and It came out very good. onl thing I did was pre painting the tracks in gun metal (tamyia)then assembled them on the tank itself (this was after the tank was airbrushed by the way) following the way described in the article. When everythng was dired I drybrushed the whole tracks with rust colors and silver.
the results of that can be viewed here

hope it is of some help... any questions??? just Ask

TUNA
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 449 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 02:31 AM UTC
Hi Bep,

I use Testor's Liquid cement the kind that comes in the triangle bottle with the needle... It takes a while to dry.. so you can do a long run.. and then shape the tracks around the wheels.. do your sags and then just let it dry.. In other words it gives you plenty of time to work with the tracks.. as opposed to Super Glue drying quickly.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
entire network: 3,581 Posts
KitMaker Network: 678 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 03:51 AM UTC
Hi,I have for years used Pactra syle,or the new tamiya very liquid type glues that come in a bottle.I transfer them to a "squeeze bottle" I found in a hobby shop which has many tools for model railroads.The bottle has a fine needle nozzle.The glues are thinner than ModelMaster,and capillary action makes them wick into the joint.The needle is a great help in precisely applying the glue.I compared,and the thicker Modelmaster doesn't wick in to the joint as well.The very thin glues are better for tracks IMHO.
Good luck,and practice,practice,practice.

herberta
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 939 Posts
Posted: Sunday, April 06, 2003 - 04:09 AM UTC
Hi

Here's what I do:
https://armorama.kitmaker.net//features/127

I use Testors liquid cement. I think contacta liquid is about the equivalent.

Andy
 _GOTOTOP