Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Midnight Interloper
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 09:31 AM UTC
So there I was, sitting there, building a model, and I catch movement out of the corner of my eye, I look up... and the midnight raider has entered the boiler room.
He appeared to be lost and confused, and wandered around behind the water softeners, chemical pumps, feed pumps, and emerged behind me. Of course your mild mannered grumpy guy was already on his feet, watching his movements while getting the camera out. He finally spied me, and instead of running away, ran towards me! So I ran away in the other direction!-- NO HERO HERE FOLKS!

Eventually the little fella spotted the roll up door he entered through, and departed.

Thankfully he didn't spray, and I'm happy the old boiler room cat was sound asleep in the locker room, other wise it could have gotten nasty and most likely extremely smelly.
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 09:49 AM UTC
Thats the sort of thing I would expect to happen in my neck of the woods. I had been having a problem with animals getting into my chickens so I got a trap. The guys at work asked me if I knew how to get a skunk "polecat in Georgia" out of the trap. I said yeah call you to get it.

I am brave and all, but I am also smart. My brother was sprayed by one once. It cured me really quick of messing with mother nature.

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 10:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

and I'm happy the old boiler room cat was sound asleep in the locker room, other wise it could have gotten nasty and most likely extremely smelly.

You never know it might have led to a great romance a la Pepé Le Pew
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:24 AM UTC
A long time ago in a universe far, far away, I worked in a factory 5:00 pm to 3:00 am during the summers. I remember at least one of these visitors drifting in and out. About that time, some pet stores were selling skunks whose scent glands had been removed.

We get them in the back yard with some regularity, as well as opossum, raccon, and flying squirrel.
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:34 AM UTC
The funniest one was the night I was sitting there watching the TV, and I felt this paw reach up and touch my arm, so naturally I figured it was the cat, so I reached down without looking, and started to pet it, but it didn't feel like the cats fur.
Turned out to be a fat raccon.... talk about jumping out of the chair!.

Al, I remember the de-scented skunk crazy from a few years ago, actually they are suppose to be very gentle animals and make nice pets, even trainable for litter pans, but I think this one still had all the original equipment.
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,594 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:35 AM UTC

Oui!!!!---Davey le Phew!!!!!

aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 11:40 AM UTC
Ola Dave

Brilliant story and cool pictures.. We don't have such kind of animals here in Holland but from what I have seen on TV running away from them is a very rational reaction.

Then again from what I heard they only spray when they feel threatened... so the only thing you should have done is become great friends with it... You could use it to your advantage when asking for a raise from the boss
:D

With friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2007 - 12:53 PM UTC
Living in the mountains of Georgia we have plenty of wild life. One night my wife and step daughter heard a noise on the front porch. They opened the door and there was noting. My step daughter looked in the bag of cat food and thought she saw a cat in it. It was a momma racoon. My wife reached in to get it out still thinking it was a cat. She was a little shocked.

I can handle the cat sized creatures here. I just hope the bears stay away.

C|:-)
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 05, 2007 - 10:35 AM UTC
Skunk in the news
http://blog.mlive.com/kzgazette/2007/10/skunk_freed_from_jar.html
Bring your BB gun to work Dave.