TV, Movies, and Games
Talk about TV, Movies, Gaming or anything entertainment related.
Operation Bikini aka Operation Stinko
Halfyank
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 5,221 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,983 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2007 - 02:39 PM UTC
If you ever see this movie listed on the tube run, do not walk, to get the remote to change channels. Unless of course you're in the mood for a good laugh. When I saw it listed it gave the stars as Tab Hunter, Frankie Avalon, and Scott Brady. I figured it was one of the beach blanket genre movies that Avalon did. I wondered why it didn't list Anette Funacello (sp) wasn't in it. Then when I turned to it I found out it was supposed to be a war movie. The movie is so bad in so many ways that while it might not be a rival to Ed Wood's Plan Nine from Outer Space it should certainly rank as the worst "war" movie ever done. Among the really strange aspects of this flick is how twice Frankly Avalon sings against a backdrop of two go-go dancers. What REALLY puts it over the top is that while the movie is in black and white these dancers are in color. To add insult to injury the end of the movie has two bikini clad young starlets playing around in the beach and trying to tie in Bikini Atoll with the bikini swim suit.

This is a really, really bad movie, and not in the way that it's so bad it's good. It's just bad. Avoid it at all costs.

goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
entire network: 3,529 Posts
KitMaker Network: 422 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 07:31 AM UTC
I saw this one of the listings. Guess I madethe right chioce my watchign Band of Brothers again.

Makes you wonder why some movies are ever made.

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 11:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

To add insult to injury the end of the movie has two bikini clad young starlets playing around in the beach and trying to tie in Bikini Atoll with the bikini swim suit.

Actually, the bikini WAS named after the Bikini atoll and the bomb tests there. The designer considered it to be as hot as an atomic bomb.
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
entire network: 1,683 Posts
KitMaker Network: 284 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 - 04:01 AM UTC
The only thing of interest in this crapolla film was Eva Six playing the part of Reiko, the island girl who falls for Tab Hunter.

Bob