_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: Singapore / 新加坡
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
My ist kit!
Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2007 - 06:49 PM UTC
Hi guys am going to take up model kit making again after 30 year haitus and been reading and getting heaps of useful info on this site! WENT TO MY LOCAL MODEL KIT SHOP & PICKED UP DRAGON'S 3 IN 1 TIGER!! Then i went to another shop and the owner told me that i should instead start with AFV's Michael Wittman or Academy's Tiger 1 with interior....cos the Dragon kit should be kept while i brush up on my skills 1st according to him as its a kit for the nore experienced modeller!!! Any comments on his statement?
Also need to stock up on paints n maybe a reliable airbrush system. Again recommendations would be much appreciated guys!!!
orange_3D
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 602 Posts
KitMaker Network: 91 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 03:06 AM UTC
Well considering that you are coming back to the hobby means you've had some prior experience. From what I hear, these Dragon kits are just brimming with parts and can be tedious and sometimes frustrating to work with (based on hearsay as i havent had any experience with current dragon kits).
When you bought the DML tiger kit means that you liked that particular model, so why build a model of something else?
Now its up to you on whether you want to take the challenge and jump right in to the deep end of the pool or if you want to warm up a bit with a kit that's easy to build. Ease of build usually means Tamiya kits, I havent tried academy's tiger or afv's michael witman so I cant say if these are good alternatives.
If you're on a budget and feel like you're a fairly patient person, then I would go ahead and build the DML kit.
The worst thing that could happen is that you dont finish the kit, otherwise most modelling mistakes can be rectified with a knife and some putty.
Totenkorp
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 47 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 05:10 AM UTC
Heh heh imdeed good advise Sonny!!! Maybe i should try my hand at a Tamiya Stug G 1st to get my bearings b4 i open my DML Tiger!!! Anyways many thanks for your advise bro!!
 _GOTOTOP