_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Dallas Platoon Sept meetng
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 09:08 AM UTC
OK, meeting is next Saturday afternoon at the usual location. Sept 29.

I know all the new fall shows will have kicked back in (which we have on TIVO or video tape to watch)and what with college football (ROLL TIDE) going on, it may be tough. I may need some help deciding on my next project. I am finishing up my NOrth Carolina and after all that tiny tiny brass will probaly forego the BR 52 project for a while. So, ya'll need to come see what I decided on as I will more than likely have the ship done before this weekend ends and during the week picked something new to do. Hopefully my friend Jeff (Tuff13)will make it in from Texarkana. He and I have been emailing each other for a couple of months and he was able to make it to the Arlington show. His wife is real sweet and not only supports his modeling habit encourages it. He is going to the little Rock show so he can give us a report on what all he saw. Hopefully bring some pictures as well.

We need some of you old timers to roll back in, Where have you been Moe and Mike ? Anybody know how to contact Ben? I'll leave him a messgae on the "forbidden website".

Jim....don't let the gamers take all the tables over this month. Oh and I want to check out some of those MIG products...especially the light rust. Hopefully you'll still have some of those mini drill bits. I broke like 3 of them this month (DON"T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT !!!)
JimF
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 717 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 23, 2007 - 05:24 PM UTC
Steve,

Can't do much about the gamers grabbing the tables this time around because I am in Colorado for the next week or so, vacationing in the mountains (snow is in the forecast for Sunday night and Monday here)

I do have an email address for Ben, and will send him a reminder. If you want to pm me, I'll pass the address to you so you can harass him as well.

For your next project, how about the Revell 72nd Gato to go with your 72nd U-Boat... you could modify a rifle rack from a pickup to display them
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2007 - 06:49 AM UTC
Thanks Jim I think I have it something like zukababy Have fun in Colorado. If you are in Colorado Springs look up halfyank----Rodger Cole.

I thin I'll pass on that Gato...rifle rack is about right for that one. Leaning towards a "Starship" (M60a2)
 _GOTOTOP