_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
advise on organizing info
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 01:32 PM UTC
I, like most of you I assume, buy a lot of magazines and learn a lot. My question is how do you remember the techniques discussed in the articles. I read an article I like what I see but by the time I get around to painting/weathering I have forgotten the technique that I planned on using especially after having read another 10 magazines. What are your suggestions for keeping track of all this knowledge?
KoSprueOne
Visit this Community
Myanmar
entire network: 4,011 Posts
KitMaker Network: 879 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 01:41 PM UTC
I keep my magazines and other magazine reference format material in the upright magazine organizer containers that can be put next to each other on a book shelf. Post Its sticking out the top of the pages where I need to refer to, are written title information. Seems to work for me.

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 11,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,584 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 20, 2007 - 02:27 PM UTC
The really good ones are left out near my bench/ab station. Others are filed away with dogears and sticky notes on them.
Books and such are kept close by. I actually make a concious effort to go back and re-read/scan through books every now and then just to remind me of what's there.

On the magazine side, if I haven't picked it up in a few months, I'll skim it and if it doesn't interest me - I pitch it. Why keep it around taking up space.
 _GOTOTOP