_GOTOBOTTOM
Events & Shows: Europe
Shows and events in Europe.
Euro-Militaire. Is anyone ACTUALLY Going?
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
entire network: 12,927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,060 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 09:14 PM UTC
It seems a touch curious that there seems to have been virtually nothing posted about next weekend's Euro-Militaire Show in Folkestone.

Is no-one going or is there simply no discussion about it? Whatever, if you are going the Network would love to here from you with a view to publishing a Photo-feature/Report on it...
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
entire network: 2,406 Posts
KitMaker Network: 78 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 04:41 AM UTC
I'm going with my castle Clervaux.

This is a picture taken before the opening of last weeks expo in Mol (B),

It's out of scale, so i'm not in competition, but probably need to be around it for most of the time to watch the spectators and eventually talk to them.
The organisation placed me in the competition room.
I'm not really sure what to expect and how it is going to be. Will i stay near my castle or will i be entirely free to visit? I don't know.
I do not even plan to take my camera , so, i'm sorry, i will probably not be of any use to make a serious report.

Cheers
Claude

afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 2,556 Posts
KitMaker Network: 292 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 10:03 AM UTC
Well ive seen a lot of talk about it on other sites but none here...kinda strange..? Anyway, im going, me and the guy im traveling with will both have laptops with us so hopefully ive I can get online on saturday night or sunday morning i'll get some photos sorted out for the site. My first year and I cant wait!!

Edit: I cant wait to see that castle, thats such a stunning piece of modelling!
TREEMENDUS
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 86 Posts
KitMaker Network: 3 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 01:49 AM UTC
TREEMENDUS will be trading there.

TREEMENDUS sell top quality handmade scale model trees and scenic modelling materials There are a few new products to our range available for the first time too. Normandy earth powder, 1/35 green apples, red apples and leaves to name but a few. Come over and say hi.

Ant
FalkeEins
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 868 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 08:30 AM UTC

..well I was thinking of going up to the IPMS Farnborough show this weekend - but it seems a little daft to undertake a 200-mile round trip when Euromilitaire is in town! I drove past the venue earlier on today - crowds of people milling about, plenty of French and German plates in the town. The venue is usually pretty crowded -despite the £14 weekend admission fee- which means it's not easy taking pics especially with a "point and shoot "- will try and post a few here later on Saturday..
FalkeEins
Visit this Community
entire network: 868 Posts
KitMaker Network: 46 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2009 - 02:22 AM UTC

Jim,

..just back from my first tour of the competition room. Some of 'my' highlights - apologies for the indifferent quality!

Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,453 Posts
KitMaker Network: 89 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 03:14 AM UTC
This "Events & Shows" forum is a tad under-frequented, methinks

I was "credit crunched" out of attending Euromil this year so I thought I'd drop by to see if anyone had posted a report on last weekend's show (the 2009 one!!) - yet all I find is a 2 year-old corpse (about the 2007 show) having been resurrected without (apparently) anyone noticing .

By an amazing coincidence, I was in Bastogne in Belgium a couple of days ago and literally bumped into the guys from Pegaso of Italy (Pietro Baloni, Diego Ruina & Co. - figure modellers will know them) taking in some sights while on their way back home, and had a brief chat with them. Pietro told me that attendance seemed to be down this year, but other than that I have no information about it.

So - did anyone go? And what were your impressions. And Neil, thanks for posting those pics.

- Steve
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
entire network: 4,560 Posts
KitMaker Network: 715 Posts
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 07:44 AM UTC
A photo report of Euro Militaire 2009 by Luciano Satornetti [ LITTORIO ].
Andy
 _GOTOTOP