_GOTOBOTTOM
Introductions
If you are new to the network please post a little something here to introduce yourself.
New to model building and he forums.
TylerFerretLord
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 06:09 PM UTC
Hey, all.

I'm new, is all.

I hope we get along.

Have any tips for a new model builder? I bought a few kits, one of everything really(a plane, a tank, a boat, and a car), and the paints they needed. So far I'm going along well with the plane(MIG-27, doing it in the Iraqi colors), But if you have any general tips they would be very appreciated!

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
entire network: 6,048 Posts
KitMaker Network: 845 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 07:05 PM UTC
Hi Tyler, welcome to Armorama. best advice I can give is to take yopur time when building. Have a good look around the site, especially at the articles covering techniques. Good Luck.
tisdazza
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
entire network: 12 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 08:45 PM UTC
Giday Tyler

I just join here a few days ago & found this is the place to be for ANY type of model builder - newbie to the experienced.
Plus I have found the people to be really helpful & friendly too.

I'm just getting back into models & have spent a few days reading through alot of info on here catching up with new products & techniques , which has been a major help.

Apart from asking question like I think everyone does, I suggest having a look around the forums & reading some of the articles.
OH and looking a the fantastic work others have created.
TylerFerretLord
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 6 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 01:57 PM UTC
Well, I finished the MIG-27's assembly and painting, I'm going to apply the decals and then I'll post a picture.
gsmith
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
entire network: 136 Posts
Posted: Friday, September 21, 2007 - 05:27 AM UTC
hello and welcome, this is the best place for any modeler. i started here a couple of months ago and had never been on a forum before and i have had nothing but pleasing results the modelers here are very helpful and nice about doing it. my advice is probably the same as most, take your time in building, and don't limit yourself build all types and choose a preferred style. i preferre dioramas but it seems armor is the top area.

Gary Smith
CaptainA
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 3,117 Posts
KitMaker Network: 204 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2007 - 06:54 AM UTC
Welcome. You will find there are a lot of knowledgable, experienced modelerrs on this site that will be able to help you with just about any questions you may have.

Rule 1. Have fun.
Rule 2. Ask for help whenever you need it.
Rule 3. Don't be scared to take your modeling to the next level.

Check out the campaigns when you have a chance. They are a lot of fun when you find one you like.
 _GOTOTOP