_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
where are my fellow Virginia modelers
barron
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 07:00 AM UTC
Hey guys any of you live in the shenandoah valley area give me a shout. I 'm trying to return to the hobby after a layoff of 12 years. I got involved in R/c aircraft.
JoeRugby
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 12 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, April 05, 2008 - 02:20 AM UTC
Hey man, I am in the Valley, Winchester...where are you?
alphalimafoxtrot64
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 57 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 - 04:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey guys any of you live in the shenandoah valley area give me a shout. I 'm trying to return to the hobby after a layoff of 12 years. I got involved in R/c aircraft.

Robert, although I'm not in the Valley area (I live in Alexandria) my folks live in Berryville. I have also "returned" to modeling after a long hiatus.....still getting back into the groove!

By the way, your photo gallery pics from Aberdeen Proving Grounds were a nice flashback. It has been a few years; I used to go every couple years since I had restored MV's in the Armed Forces Day/weekend events. The first time I went to APG was with my dad in the mid-70's when I was about 11.

The Panther G is one which I'd like to build; I have been working on an older Tami Jagdtiger and Tami late Tiger 1. Also built a Dragon Tiger 2 recently; none of which are completely finished - painting, weathering, track details.
ladymodelbuilder
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 1,218 Posts
KitMaker Network: 325 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 06:34 AM UTC
Hi guys,
I'm in Troutdale. That's about 25 miles from Marion, VA. I've been struggling to get back into building like I used to, but the daily life issues and other problems have been taking me away from my plastic.

My favorite is World War II aircraft and some modern jets. I also like to dabble into armor on occassion.

kngtut181
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 7 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 - 10:43 AM UTC
Well I am all the way down in the Roanoke Valley - I like WWII planes, and any ships and cars.
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 452 Posts
KitMaker Network: 143 Posts
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 - 08:08 AM UTC
Hey guys! It's a small world. My wife has family in Winchester and Berryville. We're up there at least once a year for her family reunion.

Penny - I live in Marion and drive through Troutdale every so often for work. It's great to know there's someone else from Southwest Virginia lurking around.

Amiel - My aunt and uncle live in Salem, VA. We're up that way pretty often too.

jastor
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 11 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 04:52 AM UTC
Hi folks. I live in Purcellville, about, 8 miles west of Leesburg, and 30 miles east of Winchester.

I am just recently getting back into modeling after about a 10-15 year hiatus. I am mainly working on 1:24 cars, but have just completed an M1A2 and am looking to try more armor related builds and then eventually make an attempt at a diorama once I improve my weathering skills.
barron
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 666 Posts
KitMaker Network: 66 Posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2009 - 04:07 AM UTC
Glad to see all of you on here. I live outside a town called Broadway. It's about 10 Miles from Harrisonburg Va. I started to build a DML Tiger 1 with Zim. the other week. Right now my house is being remodeled so I have a building interupction again.
bobbyh
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 433 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 05:22 PM UTC
Breaker, Breaker...I am from fredericksburg area. I travel to N.VA. alot with work. Modeling is in my blood ( Dad, and brothers ) I have about about 25 years experience on and off. I used to build alot of ww2 german stuff. Now modern soviet, although I just knocked out a stryker for my son. I also am working on a 1/200 scale chinese destroyer in between a 1/72 B1 Bomber, in between a panzer II, a king tiger, a BMP-1, a scud and launcher, etc... I take breaks in between and go back and work on 1, that away I keep it fresh for myself. Also I take my time, I don't rush it, it gets done when it gets done. I build out of the box, mostly with minor add ons and scratch building. I don't use alot of P.E. sets and conversions. I build it to my own level of satisfaction. I am fortuniate, in that my family appreciates my hobby. Hello to all, good to see all you folks - Bobby
pjmooney
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 107 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 01:22 PM UTC
Cool to connect with all y'all fellow Virginians...

I live in South Riding - Loudoun County, but work in Quantico. Started a modeling club that meets at the National Museum of the Marine Corps (where I work.)

Funny how many of us returned to modeling...I was out for about 10 years...did some Napoleonic wargamming for a bit, but got back into the hobby because of a buddy from work. I also belong to an AMPS chapter near Richmond...so I spend a lot of time up and down the 95 corridor.

S/F
Pat
bobbyh
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 433 Posts
KitMaker Network: 266 Posts
Posted: Saturday, October 03, 2009 - 05:43 PM UTC
Hey patrick, did you spend time in corps, early 90's ? security battalion ?
GFReasor
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
entire network: 15 Posts
KitMaker Network: 6 Posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 10:40 AM UTC
I'm from Rural Retreat. Michael, I'm just up the road from you. Like you said, I'm glad to see a couple of us on here from Southwest Va.
George
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 452 Posts
KitMaker Network: 143 Posts
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 - 02:25 PM UTC
Welcome aboard, George! I have several friends from Rural Retreat and drive through fairly often on my way to Independence for work. I saw what you posted about getting back into the hobby now that your sons are in college. I have two year old twins and I spend more time modeling now that I ever have, because it helps me whined down after they go to bed. It's funny how we're all different that way.

Michael
Justin757
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 45 Posts
Posted: Monday, November 09, 2009 - 05:47 PM UTC
hey all! looks like im the only modeller from hampton roads here haha.
ive only been seriously doing this since june, but i find it extremely fun and satisfying.
hey patrick ive been to the museum a few times the past couple years. my brother is stationed at quantico. its an excellent museum.
MrDyzio
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 4 Posts
Posted: Friday, December 04, 2009 - 05:09 PM UTC
Hey fellow modellers. As many of you I returned to our lovely hobby after 10 years break. I live in Sterling, VA. I'm addicted to 1/72 scale. WW2 armor and planes, prewar and post war Polish armor and planes as well. And from time to time some crazy figures ideas.
geedog
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 2 Posts
Posted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 04:28 AM UTC
Hello to all. I just signed up, saw this thread and a buddy here from another forum. So I thought I'd post a shout out from the far end of the state.

I'm in Bristol. Just down the road from Marion, Rural Retreat, and Roanoke.

I'm mainly an aircraft builder, but I've cobbled together a couple of tank kits, in the past. I've gotten a little bit of the armor bug so I'm going to try another tank build.

Just this week I received a 1/35 Academy Merkava IV. I joined up here so I could get the help I will most defiantly need to make this build.

So have a few laughs on me as I stumble though this and feel free to steer me in the right direction if I stray.

Joe? did you get the M-60's yet?
 _GOTOTOP