_GOTOBOTTOM
 Community Forum: KitMaker USA
Want to meet up with modelers in your country or region? This is the place.
Local Hobby Shop question
arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 215 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 08:39 PM UTC
hi all!

i hope you dont mind me posting in your community forum.. i just temporarily changed my location so i could post here.. im not sure if this is the proper forum to post this thread, but here goes..

im going to the states a month from now coz the US embassy here told me that i have to visit the states once in a while so they would renew my visa once it expires.. so for convenience sake, i obliged and so i plan to visit my relatives there in the process.. i'll be going to new york, maryland and los angeles.. i know these are big places and i dont know their exact addresses at this moment coz it has been a while since i last visited the states..

i was wondering if any of you guys who are from the said places can give me locations or exact addresses to your local hobby shops.. im not sure how long i'll be staying there but it will sure be a couple of months.. i post this thread here quite early so i could get more responses from you guys..

anyway, that's it.. i hope im not asking for a tall order here. its just that i wasnt into this hobby when i last went to the states and my relatives arent either so all i have is you guys to ask info from.. i'll be checking here from time to time..

thanks in advance guys! any help would be greatly appreciated!
tjkelly
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
entire network: 1,132 Posts
KitMaker Network: 7 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 10:07 AM UTC
Best advice I'd give you is to look in the local phone book associated with the area you're visiting. I visited some awesome hobby shops while on travel associated with the last position I had, made it a habit of re-visiting them often, all just searching the local phone directory.

Also, a source for local hobby shops in the area you're in is via the web. Try www.hobbyretailer.com and see what comes up.

Good luck!

Tim
arkuo14
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
entire network: 215 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 - 04:50 PM UTC
got that! thanks tim!
 _GOTOTOP