Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Rugby World Cup 2007
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 10,889 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,373 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 08:16 PM UTC
Hey all,

So... who's following the RWC in France?

Who's supporting whom? Your thoughts of the games thus far?

My heart obviously want the Springboks to win, my head says Australia.

So far? Pretty much all the games have gone as expected, except for the England vs USA game... boy was England lousy! I'd take bets on Friday's SA vs England game... but I don't take bets anymore when SA plays the minnows...

Rudi
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
entire network: 927 Posts
KitMaker Network: 102 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 10, 2007 - 11:45 PM UTC
Mate, my son,.....
I've watched all games to date and enjoyed every moment,..
Im a New Zealander what"s that tell you..... ALL BLACKS....... and at a push our traditional foe the BOKS.......seen some mighty battles over the years......

Phil...
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 07:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Im a New Zealander

Well I suppose nobody is perfect!
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
entire network: 2,088 Posts
KitMaker Network: 471 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 08:41 AM UTC
Rudi, you cheeky sod Of course like my Fellow Kiwi Phil shall be supporting our wonderful men in Black, Now I wold love them to win but I havethis feeling that the usual will happen.....ou know what I mean. But possibly your Boks will take it out (I would love to be proven wrong by the All Blacks though)
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
entire network: 613 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 09:46 AM UTC
As an englishman I am obviously supporting England, however I must say that I was shocked by how scrappy the England USA game was, I was watching with mates on tv and the only time we cheered was the second trie!!!!!! Normally we would be cheering a hell uva lot more! Must admit that Im not best happy about the Phil Vickery news , although atleast the other guy got banned for that hideous tackle on Barkley.
Also I thought that the South Africa Samoa game was pretty good, teh ITV commentator was hilarious ! My 2p

[quote] Quoted Text
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im a New Zealander

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I suppose nobody is perfect! [quote]

Pot calling the kettle black
Nick
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 02:10 PM UTC
Guys,.. I have it on good authority, that sitting in the wings is a combined team made up from the Falkland islands and Finland, known as the Little F'ers,so hold onto your money a day or two longer,Did you see Argentina and Portugal,Argentina had to work hard for their win, good to see the minos take the fight to the big boys even if its only for 40 or so mins.I like Portugals no 8 has skill and size, hope some body picks him up after the cup....

..Phil... ...... ....
D_J_W
Visit this Community
Hamilton, New Zealand
entire network: 436 Posts
KitMaker Network: 64 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 04:44 PM UTC
So that explains the extra amount of rugby on TV

I'm looking forward to it finishing and the Lions going home with the cup Failing that maybe Switzerland could win it and add it to the America's Cup

Better go before I'm deported
cheers
David
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 04:46 PM UTC
Phil I think you mean Georgia. Portugal, The poor sods are in the All Blacks pool!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 05:17 PM UTC
I think I heard on the radio this morning that Johnny "Blue Eyed Boy" Wilkies is out for the cup? Is this true? Or was I still half asleep? If Johnny's out, England's not just screwed... they're royally screwed.

BTW speaking of minnows taking it to the big boys... anyone see the Namibia/Ireland game? Slap me silly and call me Susan! Ireland had all the luck of the leprecauns with them to win that one.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 08:16 PM UTC
I have heard nothing about Wilkison bless his broken bones, but I did read that one Schalk Burger is out for 4 weeks due to a dangerous in air tackle. The USA centre is out for 5 weeks and Phil Vickery 4 so it looks like the Judicary are going to be quite hard on cited players.
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 08:23 PM UTC
Yeah, we've already sent Juan de Villiers home with a torn bicep (according to my wife who was supposed to be watching the news ). I think we're sending Wayne Julies into the war zone

I'm not a Schalk Burger fan though... I think he's a loose cannon... and an idiot to boot.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
entire network: 2,174 Posts
KitMaker Network: 613 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 09:05 PM UTC
I used to play as a flanker for my school, so I love my tackling --- who do you guys think dishes out the really hard numbers? I'd give it to:

Jerry Collins
Brian Lima
Sebastien Chabal
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2007 - 11:41 PM UTC
Hi ANDY, you got in one mate my mistake , we play Portugal Sat, night ,see what happens when you suddenly turn 60 you all a sudden become colour blind and deaf..... tough about Burger, I like his play takes no prisoners how about him and Jerry Collins on the same side.......

Phil......
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 08:56 PM UTC
All I'll say is 36-0... ahem.... that is zero....

It's incredible what a difference not having Schalk Burger on the field makes... we don't seem seem to give away as many penalties when he's not on the field... wonder why that is?
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007 - 08:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

As an englishman I am obviously supporting England,

heheheh I wouldn't be saying that too loudly today after last night's performance

Sorry Nick, couldn't resist.... but don't worry, our turn will come as well...
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 02:02 AM UTC
Phil, No worries mate, not sure if you watched the game or not, but Thank go we haven't come out with any serious injuries, the Portugese had fun which was good and gave the AB's a bit of a run around in places.

How about those english aye??? Rudi looked like your boys could have just stood around doing nothing and still won...,I see your favourite player has had his suspension down graded to 2 weeks now.

David, for me my 3 big hitters would be...
Jerry Collins
Sione Luaki
Brian Lima
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 03:51 AM UTC
Hey Andy,

Your boys really cut thought the Portuguese today. I was glad to see that the Pora's didn't take the game lying down - and it was even more awesome to see the All Blacks give the Pora's a guard of honour leaving the game. Great sportsmanship!!

Rudi
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2007 - 04:54 PM UTC
Yeah there was great sportmanship all round last night with that game. It must have been amazing for the portugese to play against the All Black's.
I am looking forward to Samoa Vs Tonga Tonight/Tomorrow morining should be a great game.
auburn
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:05 PM UTC
Morning old son,
mate I've watch all the games to date, that no 8 I like came on as a replacement in the game against the All Blacks....The AB and Port. game was played in the right sprit ,the crowd certainly enjoyed it,.. As for the England I think they have left their playing face at home....I think though most of the big teams are still shadow boxing at this stage,still a long way to go.......

good stuff...Phil....
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 12:37 PM UTC
Yeah I agree Phil, The All Blacks played with little intensity, South Africa were never pushed. Australia, at times was pushed a bit by Wales but they will have their best stuff stil up thier sleeves.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 04:55 AM UTC
I must say Canada gave the Fijians a fright.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 05:23 PM UTC
I agree David, They were very hard done by with that TMO decision, and unlucky to have that try scored against them in extra time, the scoreline was definatly flattering towards the Fijians.
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2007 - 08:10 PM UTC
Did anyone catch that Richie McCaw tackle in the Portugese match, where he knocked the guy's scrumcap off???