_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
Can Tiger Models Designs make a comeback?
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
entire network: 1,544 Posts
KitMaker Network: 71 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 01:54 AM UTC
Well it looks like Joe at TigerModels designs has ditched his Insurance adjustor's job and dived back into the fray at TMD. I think alot of people wondered if he can repair his "broken" business; I , for one hope he can.

He is releasing some new Sherman goodies and has finally fixed the M8 s. (I didn't order one - but I have heard the horror stories of people who did)

I think the TMD stuff is great - I especially like his resin recipe - its great to work with and not too brittle. I hope he can make the turn around successfully. Lets all give him another shot, right?

It also looks like he's ready to release some more Panther items and a backdate for the new DML Pz III.

linkname http://box52.bluehost.com/~tigermod/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=24aa98a01994c91e0c5c597dcf2694a5&topic=398.new#new

Whatcha think?
Chris
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 03:07 AM UTC
I wish him all the luck in the world on making it back to speed.
My dealings with him have been positive, and I received my last order in a timely manner, and that was back in April.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Saturday, September 08, 2007 - 03:25 AM UTC
Have never ordered from him, but look longingly at the TMD Sherman hatches and cupolas etc. The really look spicko, and to hear there is more Sherman stuff on the way would be just grand...
Brad
vanhall
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
entire network: 406 Posts
KitMaker Network: 13 Posts
Posted: Sunday, September 09, 2007 - 08:54 AM UTC
I hope the comeback suceeds..I only ever been able to get a few of their pieces but I was really impressed with them.
Is there a major seller of TMD in europe? The few pieces I have are from a polish site, who only stock a few older items..
As well as some of the new stuff, I'm searching for their 'Tiger I Mid turret' 352102, but can't find it anywhere this side of the pond.
 _GOTOTOP