_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
hobby shops in Vancouver
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
entire network: 5,579 Posts
KitMaker Network: 538 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 10:03 AM UTC
It seems I'll be visiting Vancouver in June and I was wondering if there are some good hobby shops worth looking up. I hope to stop by Montreal too... Any modelers from that area?

Mario M.
LIFER
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 29 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 12:24 PM UTC
I'll give you three I know of in that area. Magic box at 2105 west 37th ave. in Vancouver. Kerrisdale area. Burnaby Hobbies at 5209 Rumble in Burnaby, a suburb if Vancouver. Both are well stocked and owned by knowledgable people. Another is Van Hobbies at 6755 south east marine drive in south Vancouver I don't know anything about this one other than my daughter goes by it on her way to work every day. Some day I will go there just to check it out. Hope this helps, and enjoy your stay.
m1garand
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
entire network: 1,248 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 02:23 PM UTC
Let me know if your also heading a little south to Seattle and I can point you to a couple places.
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 485 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 09:32 PM UTC
Hiya Maki....when in Vancouver you have to check out my 2 favorite shops....Imperial Hobbies in Richmond....huge store...great stock.....owner's name is Francis...great guy.
And Fine Scale Hobbies in North Van...smaller store....great stock....look for old kits you can't find anywhere else.......owner Martin buys collections all the time....if you don't see what you're looking for just ask......you might be surprised.
As for Montreal.....I found a great place while visiting there a few years ago....big store......great selection....he even had a big stock of Accurate Armour stuff....hard to get here....I forget the fellow's name....but he was very nice and knowledgable...I forget the name of it but I found it under Hobbies in the yellow pages of the local phone book.....I went to a couple but that was the best one.
If while you're in Vancouver and feel like taking a nice ferry ride and coming to Victoria.....send me a PM and I will give you my phone #....it's a short trip and well worth it.
Good luck and happy trails.
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 10:31 PM UTC
Thanks for the info guys... I appreciate it.

Grant, I'll be staying in Vancouver for two and a half weeks and I'm sure I will have some time off... PM is on the way. :-)

Mario M.
dioman
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
entire network: 485 Posts
Posted: Sunday, March 30, 2003 - 10:36 PM UTC
Can't wait Maki...we have a fairly good hobby shop here....and I love to meet fellow modellers.....2 weeks is a long time to spend in Vancouver....besides the best thing about Vancouver....is the road leading to Victoria
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2003 - 02:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't wait Maki...we have a fairly good hobby shop here....and I love to meet fellow modellers.....

Me too. I met couple of my friends in Ireland last year... however, we mostly spoke of Guinness and Harp. :-)

Quoted Text

..besides the best thing about Vancouver....is the road leading to Victoria

Victoria Becham? I'd like to take that road then... :-)

Mario M.
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
entire network: 817 Posts
KitMaker Network: 148 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 - 07:37 AM UTC
Magic Box and Burnaby hobbies would be my recomendation.
Ribble
Visit this Community
New Brunswick, Canada
entire network: 78 Posts
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 06:59 PM UTC
Magic Box in Kerrisdale and Wing's Hobbies in the Richmond Public Market are my fave's, They are in the phone book.

JC Hayes
Maki
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2003 - 08:27 PM UTC
Thanks guys... It seems I'll be in Monteral for a week as a complete turist. I think I'll have much more time there to browse the shops.

Mario M.
 _GOTOTOP