_GOTOBOTTOM
Network Talk
For discussions about network-wide site topics, announcments, etc.
error message in photo gallery
redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 270 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, September 03, 2007 - 06:55 AM UTC
I get the following error message when trying to view gallery photos:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/kmadmin/photos/showphoto.php on line 254

What should I do?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
entire network: 12,571 Posts
KitMaker Network: 4,397 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 09:41 AM UTC
This is one of the most ellusive errors on the net. I actually stumbled across the answer a month or so back. Let me see if I can remember it...

It had something to do with the format of the images and the fact that these images were not re-sized by our software. Basically the images were too large in either resolution or file size. This is a problem with the way the software reads the image and indeed happens on a lot of gallery applications.

What the message is saying I should do is increase my memory limits beyond 32MB for PHP scripts. However as any developer will tell you this is already too high and it can get a lot higher by the time you find a setting that never gives you this error.

Long story short... not much I can do about it. The images would need to be re-sized and re-uploaded.

Jim
redshirt
Visit this Community
United States
entire network: 270 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 - 01:20 PM UTC
So when one of these photos is found should it be reported / a request sent to get it reloaded in a viewable size? Could an administrator resize and replace? Maybe a button on the page to make the process easy for member?
Just spitballing- let me know if I can help.
 _GOTOTOP