_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: AMPS
Topics about AMPS (Armor Model and Preservation Society).
AMPS Boresight upcoming issue
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 - 05:02 AM UTC
I just want to let you know that the next issue of Boresight, the AMPS Journal, will be a US Halftrack Special.

We'll be going to 44 pages, 4 in colour with topics ranging from the standard M3 to the M16 (A1), M15A1, M4 mortar carrier, M3 GMC, and T30 HMC. I might even go a larger than 44 pages as I have a lot of material on these puppies to pass along. Photos of museum beasts and images from the manuals make up the bulk of the material. If anyone ahs interesting service photos that haven't been published, I'd love to see them and maybe include them as well. Also if anyone has the stowage diagrams for the Commonweralth LAD conversions, I'd love to include them as well.

You can reach me through the AMPS web site or via:

tankmodeler@rogersdotcom replace the "dot" with "."

Thanks guys!

Paul
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
entire network: 15,338 Posts
KitMaker Network: 5,072 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 12:23 AM UTC
Thanks for the update Paul.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
entire network: 3,123 Posts
KitMaker Network: 330 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 - 05:56 AM UTC
Guys,

By way of a little additional info, if you are interested in this topic, and are not an AMPS member, then you need to join up NOW. This issue should be going to the post office by mid September, so if you want a copy, make sure you renew or, if you're not a member, join up for the first time. Join up after it's shipped and you'll miss out!

In case you're wondering about all of these Specials and how we can manage them, well, membership is climbing and we, the executive, want to make sure your AMPS membership is worth more and more each year. We are looking at more colour, a better printing process, and other things to make your journal even better. In fact (and this is a blatent tease), we're already talking about other projects that will enhance your AMPS membership value and put kewl stuff in your hands. We'll announce them when we can, but they are all based on the fact that more members means we can bring out a better product.

Thanks guys!

Paul Roberts
Editor, Boresight
 _GOTOTOP