_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
New to this
dan152
entire network: 3 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 03:05 PM UTC
hey guys im pretty new to this.. i hope to pick up some models tommrow, question is if your painting is there things inolved such as shading and detailing? ive painted miniatures but thats all.. also would games workshop aryclic paint be suitable for painting? i have a bunch of supplies that im not sure if i could use on models. I have testors plastic cement ( blue tube) , bear with me as im very new to this lol...
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 10:22 PM UTC
I wouldn't use the tube cement. Most of us don't as it's messy. I Prefer Tamiya reg. or Extra thin. Super glue works nice as well. the paints you should be fine with. Be sure to wash the model prior to painting.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
entire network: 4,002 Posts
KitMaker Network: 648 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 11:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

question is if your painting is there things inolved such as shading and detailing?

Gday Daniel and welcome on board! There are definitely some techniques to be added to standard painting of colours as per box art for example. Do a search of the network here, and you should bring up some good beginner articles to assist you in the finer arts of washes and pigments, and oils, and filters and weathering and...
Cheers
Brad
 _GOTOTOP