_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!
Built a model or part from your own materials lately?
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
large scale scratchbuilders
tankone
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
entire network: 26 Posts
KitMaker Network: 19 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 09:46 PM UTC
do any other members create large scale scratchbuilt afvs, I have completed quite a few including a whippet tank, bren carrier and crusader tank. One thing i do struggle with is the lack of good plans of tanks and amoured vehicles, can anyone help or direct me to a web site with good clear drawings from which to work.

thanks tankone
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2007 - 11:00 PM UTC
Barrie,
By 'large scale' I assume you are referring to 1/15,1/16th scale ?.
In regards to plans - if you could be more specific about what vehicles interest you then I'm sure the ever helpful members will be able to provide links and or drawings for your needs.
Often you have to make do with 1/35 plans and just enlarge as required.
Heres a link to another large scale modellers site
http://bigtank.republika.pl/
HTH
Best of luck with your future projects
tankone
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 01:46 AM UTC
tahnks casper for your quick reply, by large scale I am talking 1/8thor bigger, I just love to make large scale models, one of my tanks is over two feet long built entirely from plastic card and evergreen rod, I guess I may have to settle for small scale plans and blow them up, as I have access to a photocopier this is not a problem, sometimes I have evn had to draw my own plans from reference photos. I will be uploading a few photos of my largest tank the British Matildaas soon as I can check out the member photos for my bren guncarrier and whippet tank, thanks for your help best regards Barrie
casper
Visit this Community
Nelson, New Zealand
entire network: 395 Posts
KitMaker Network: 152 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 02:52 AM UTC
Heres one site that has a good selection of plans
http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/galleries.htm

mostly Soviet but a smattering of other nations.
HTH
As mentioned just let the members know what type of vehicle you are looking for (WWI/WWII/US/Soviet/Commonwealth etc) and you'll soon be flooded with links and info.
tankone
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 06:49 AM UTC
thank you once more for your very quick reply and help, I have tried the link but it has been moved, all the best sites seem to do that. As for what I am looking for mostly british armour and trucks, but anything which is quirky or unusual or what you would class as a one of type machine, I like the old style tanks with plenty of rivit detail. If anybody else is out there with some drawings of old ww1 tanks or something strange and a tpye of afv which were not made in great numbers I would love to here from you.
once again it was a great surprise to hear from you casper so far away yet ever so close on the net, thanks tank one
GeorgePapa
Visit this Community
Akhaia, Greece / Ελλάδα
entire network: 71 Posts
KitMaker Network: 62 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:36 AM UTC
Hi Barrie,

sorry, no AFV, but working on the plans of a FlaK 88 approx. 1/10 scale.
I hope to finish in a month or so.
If you are interested...

George
tankone
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 01:08 AM UTC
what can I say but yes, anything which would be a challenge would be great, I have quite a few drawings which I have obtained from various sources, ie the net books and other model makers, if there is anything subject you want information on please let me know I look forward to seeing your plans, many thanks Tank one ---Barrie
 _GOTOTOP