_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General
General discussions about modeling topics.
samples part 2
Dmd
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
entire network: 430 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Friday, March 28, 2003 - 08:39 PM UTC
you all know, i'm a go-getter when it comes to getting free samples !! it seems to be so hard to get them.

until know i have the honor to met 2 owners of small diorama compagnies, who will provide me with free samples in the future.

as i was looking on "Digital Dioramas " i saw this little tekst on there website :

Review Regiment Now Forming!

We've been contacted by some model and figure manufacturers & distributors who have generously offered to provide us with product samples for us to use as the basis for product review articles.

Reviewers will be provided with products and are expected to write a first person review describing the product and its performance. The product becomes the property of the reviewer and need not be returned.

To be eligible to participate as a reviewer and receive free stuff to evaluate you must have submitted an article and had that article published in an issue of DD. An announcement will be made to eligible members when a product has been received for review.

as you all know i'm not a pro-critic, but i like to contribute a little for this site, who brought me so much joy in my life.

i just wondered, if a site like " digital Dioramas " get contacted by manufactures, why don't we have such things ?? with more then 2000 official members etc. what's the problem then ? or is it like most things in this world, when you know the right people things go easyer ?

with every review we make publicity for manufactures who mades a lot of money, so it does not seems fair in a way right ?!

still i'm glad, we have fellow modellers who wanted to give me samples when they start there compagny and offcores "military hobbies " who provides the prize for every contest.

i know i'm complaining but i was just wondering what you think about my statement

with kind regards

dmd
Desert-Fox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 652 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 12:38 AM UTC
Wouldn't it be nice if we all got free samples to review??????
I'D LOVE that....free models....... #:-)
TUGA
Visit this Community
Setubal, Portugal
entire network: 1,718 Posts
KitMaker Network: 562 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 12:42 AM UTC
Hi,

There has been a topic about this matter a few days ago.

If you make a search I'm sure you'll find it.

Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
entire network: 1,933 Posts
KitMaker Network: 814 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 07:33 AM UTC
Hi DMD Im inclined to agree with your sentiments,Ive been modelling since the early sixties and used to buy all the magazines to keep up with the hobby. It has always been the modellers complaint that the major companies never listen to the needs of the modellers even though we are the people that have made them rich.Thats wy they never give free samples ( you cant get rich giving it away). Remember 90-91 a scud is released Abrahams are on every shelf challengers by the dozen, I bet when this turn out in Iraq finishes we will be inundated with all the new armour,I think its cynical, I tried to get a challenger two a month back and couldnt find one anywhere. Well thats all the dirty water off my chest I think I will open a bottle of wine now .all the best. #:-)
blaster76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
entire network: 8,985 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,270 Posts
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2003 - 09:47 AM UTC
I'm with you EAsy....I really want a reasonably priced AVLB... I've seen lots of them on TV lately and the media has done a blurb or 2 about them...maybe BIG T or Dragon will pick up on that
 _GOTOTOP