Spare Parts
For non-modeling topics and those without a home elsewhere.
Missile Launcher @ Guns for Shoes Event
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 01:22 AM UTC
Okay,
The article says it is a surface to air missile launcher. It looks like a storage tube to me. Anyone know what it is? Read the article. Someone turned in a .32 caliber 1903 Colt worth $1400...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-missilelauncher-081707,0,3944715.story?coll=orl_sports_highschool_xpromo

Shaun
/Hat Tip, Fark
sgtsauer
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 2,605 Posts
KitMaker Network: 650 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 01:57 AM UTC
That is a storage tube for a TOW missle.

I'm so sick of the anti-gun media telling people lies and doing anything they can to try and get headlines.

It will be an amazing day when a newspaper actually does research before they publish something.

I emailed the writer of the article and posted a reply to their article discussion. Suprisingly, I wasn't the first one to point out the papers lack of knowledge and competence.
markm
Visit this Community
California, United States
entire network: 1,757 Posts
KitMaker Network: 590 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 02:47 AM UTC
I just read your reply on their forum Brent, and thanks for that. Their is way too much anti-gun and gun owner drivel out their anyway. They could at least make an attempt to get something right in the media instead of trying to get everyone in a panic about these "shoulder launched anti aircraft missles" being in the hands of anyone on the street.......Jeez
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
entire network: 5,272 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,192 Posts
Posted: Saturday, August 18, 2007 - 05:25 AM UTC
I was on my way home from work and stopped at the local watering hole and told the resident gunners I thought it was a TOW storage tube. Thanks for the confirmation.

Shaun

/The real surface to air missile launcher is still in the hands of someone laying in the weeds about 2 klicks out bound of the Orlando airport.
//Doubt he is going to turn his in
///At least not for sneakers of $50
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
entire network: 6,043 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,603 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2007 - 10:20 PM UTC
I would of gave him $60.00 for the Tube.

And a real shame is the M1 Springfield in .308

Again I would of gave $60.00 for it