Post your general item needs here.
Sony Digital Camera for Sale
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
entire network: 8,074 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,574 Posts
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 - 01:08 AM UTC
Before I go to Ebay, I’m giving the Armorama community the chance to buy my Sony FD95 2.1 megapixel digital camera. I’d like $100.00 for the camera and accessories plus $15 for shipping. This is for the US market only.

The camera has superb macro capabilities and can take up to 15 seconds of mpg video with sound. (Windows Movie maker, included with XP, allows you to combine these clips for longer videos.) While the camera was designed to save to 3.5 inch floppy disks, it takes up to 128 mb memory stick withthe included adapter. I have run out of battery life (without my spare battery) at over 300 pictures at the camera’s highest resolution. It has both an LCD and a viewfinder making bright daylight pictures easier to compose since you can hold this to your eye like a traditional camera. Both the LCD and viewfinder are through the lens, essential for close ups. The viewfinder indicates time left on the battery and the number of pictures you’ve saved on the memory stick. There is a built in pop-up flash and the ability to use a standard flash. The default is for auto focus, but there is a manual override. You have the option of digital stabilization to remove small movements at longer focal lengths. The lens has a 10X optical zoom and additional 10X digital zoom giving the equivalent of about a 400mm lens on a 35mm camera. White balance can be set for sunlight, incandescent light or fluorescent light, so you can get natural colors indoors without a flash. Internal special effects include black and white and sepia options. After saving the pictures to your computer of CD, the memory stick can easily be cleared for re-use with the reader.

What you’ll get:

Sony FD95 camera whose excellent lens which has always been protected from dust and scratches by a UV filter (included)
Shoulder strap
Lens cap
AV cord (allows you to view pictures on most newer televisions with AV inputs)
AC cord (to recharge the batteries in the camera)
2 Lithium ion batteries (each holds about 3 hours of use time)
1 Sony memory stick adapter with driver software, but newer systems will need to download drivers from Sony (no cost)
1-16 mb memory stick (about 100 high resolution pictures)
1-128 mb memory stick (well in excess of 300 high resolution picture)
1 USB memory stick reader (can be used with the cards as a portable disk drive)
1 aluminum card holder case (holds up to 4 memory sticks)
Padded carrying case with shoulder strap and belt loop.
Instruction manual on CD.

I'm including the ArcSoft Photo editing software that came with the camera.

The camera will be shipped in its carrying case for added protection.

While 2.1 megapixels is small by today’s standards, this is a good size image for e-mail and web posting and printing up to an 8X10 print.

For examples of what the camera can do, check out my gallery Everything before the Sitting Bull pics were taken withthis camera. Also, see my photobucket posts.

Any additional questions or samples of types of pictures, e-mail me at [email protected] . I prefer Paypal, but will accept a cashier's check or money order.
 _GOTOTOP