_GOTOBOTTOM
Modeling in General: Advice on...
Need some general advice? Place it here.
compressor question....again
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
entire network: 243 Posts
KitMaker Network: 67 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 09:53 PM UTC
I am still trying to get started on model building....I purchased a testors mini blue air compressor, testors 8814 single action airbrush and am waiting for a regulator/filter/gauge unit I purchased online, I plan on purchasing a double action airbrush eventually seems there are many advantages to double action, what are the disadvantages of not having a compressor with a tank? will my simple little compressor with a regulator/filter be good enough for model painting?
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 - 10:42 PM UTC
Airbrush Power source Primer

I'll awnser any questions that that doesn't.............
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 07:31 AM UTC
soooo, I have pictured items 5 and 7, the regulator would limit the pressure coming out of the compressors however the pressure would not remain constant it drops from the 15 psi regulator set limit (my airbrush needs 15psi).. because there is no tank, not good I assume, I am assuming I wasted my money on the testors mini blue compressor, should have gone for a compressor with a tank right? do you think its a good idea to buy a $20.00 air tank from walmart, have the compressor permanently plumbed to the tank....install a regulator between the air tank and the airbrush....or is that dumb? your info is very useful thanks.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
entire network: 5,957 Posts
KitMaker Network: 2,626 Posts
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 07:51 AM UTC
That compressor might work......... it's a bit on the small side.....

the other option would be a lenght of Hose to act as a "tank" and absorb all of the pulsing.
UNITEDSTATESNAVY
Visit this Community
Idaho, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 09, 2007 - 08:29 PM UTC
I will give my setup a try and take it from there, your info was very helpful, thank you....this sight is wonderful.
 _GOTOTOP