_GOTOBOTTOM
Scratchbuilders!: Armor/AFV
This is a group for armor scratchbuilding questions, topics and projects.
Hosted by Mike Kirchoff
RammTiger
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
entire network: 375 Posts
KitMaker Network: 36 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 05:28 PM UTC
Dear friends,

Anyone has a rough plans for Rammtiger, I am working based on the chassis of the old 1/35 Italeri Ferlinand tank.

I know there is a German vacuum form out there, but I thought I would like to try out on pla-plates.

Thanks

Musicwerks aka lester
Greenstuff
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 24 Posts
KitMaker Network: 0 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 06:47 PM UTC
No idea for plans, but could you share some information as to what a Rammtiger is? I've only heard of it infrequently. As far as I know, Rammen is german for 'to ram' whereas ramm is wood?

Edit:

Oh lord, that thing is so cool!

Using the pictures here (http://www.airmodel.de/gallery/Limbrecht/am553/Dscn30061.JPG), I don't think it should be too difficult to construct your own templates of the shell, as it seems fairly straightforward. Is it a regular Ferdinand chassis too?
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
entire network: 8,797 Posts
KitMaker Network: 1,186 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 07:37 PM UTC
Maybe this could be of use for everybody who wants to built a RammTiger

Rammtiger Vacu Form Conversion from Airmodel

From this site

http://www.airmodel.de/shope/shope.html

With Friendly greetz

Robert Blokker
Greenstuff
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
entire network: 24 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 07:57 PM UTC
I think he mentioned that vacuum form one in his original post. I'm assuming that must have very thin walls then?

Lester:

If you could provide some measurements for the 1:35 Elefant, i'd be more than happy to attempt some templates/plans, as I wouldn't mind having a go at one of these too.
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 09:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

No idea for plans, but could you share some information as to what a Rammtiger is? I've only heard of it infrequently. As far as I know, Rammen is german for 'to ram' whereas ramm is wood?

Edit:

Oh lord, that thing is so cool!

Using the pictures here (http://www.airmodel.de/gallery/Limbrecht/am553/Dscn30061.JPG), I don't think it should be too difficult to construct your own templates of the shell, as it seems fairly straightforward. Is it a regular Ferdinand chassis too?

Haha Alex,

"Rammtiger" or "Ram tiger" whichever, was a paper panzer concieved by the Nazi regime- a ferninand tank with steel plates that rams over russian buildings- probably to deal with hidden russian troops/snipers

TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 - 11:57 PM UTC
Lester,

Cromwell models also make a "Ram Panzer" (Rammtiger):

http://www.spruebrothers.zoovy.com/product/CRMCA44

More expensive, but resin and would probably better depict the thick walled armor plate than the vac-formed conversion.

Mike
JeepLC
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
entire network: 510 Posts
KitMaker Network: 40 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:06 AM UTC
Did they ever see any action? or did they never leave the prototype stage? This is quite interesting; I have never seen or heard of one! You really do learn something new everyday on this site!

-Mike
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
entire network: 3,770 Posts
KitMaker Network: 747 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 03:17 AM UTC
UPDATE: Sprue Bro's doesn't have it in stock anymore and don't expect they'll be able to get it again....bummer. Cromwell Models does list it on their site though.

Mike, I'm not sure, but I doubt it got any further than the drawing board.

Lester, the only drawings I've been able to find (not to scale) have been line-drawings of the "driver's side." I haven't seen anything from the front or rear which would them make it pretty "easy" to scale and scratch.

Here's another "discussion" on the Big A: RAMMTIGER!? When you think you've seen it all

HTH.

Mike
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 04:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Did they ever see any action? or did they never leave the prototype stage? This is quite interesting; I have never seen or heard of one! You really do learn something new everyday on this site!

-Mike

I think it was a "paper panzer", probably only appeared in Hitler's dream..haha.

Lester
SSGToms
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
entire network: 3,608 Posts
KitMaker Network: 512 Posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 - 07:02 PM UTC
After Stalingrad, the Germans decided that the most efficient way to clear a building was to collapse it! Thus this design was born. It was barely more than a sketch on a bar napkin; no one has yet come up with original source document technical drawings. None were ever built. It is pretty cool looking though. I've gotten a look at the Cromwell kit and it's very nicely done. This wouldn't be too difficult to scratchbuild though.
DUBDUBS
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
entire network: 624 Posts
Posted: Sunday, August 19, 2007 - 10:24 AM UTC
I have the issue of "Armor Models" magazine in which someone scratchbuilt a Ramm-Tiger, and it has 1/35 scale plans, and templates, PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.
 _GOTOTOP